Monitor Speakers for less than £200

got myself a pair of krk rokit 6 inch speakers for about $400 shipped to aus from US. awesome value for money those speakers are.

id side with the KRK Rokit 6's. i have a pair and they are plenty nice in a smaller room. you could always add the sub down the way. i have a set of Rokit 6's as well as the Mackie HR824 MKII. The mackies are nicer by a long shot, but are quite a bit more pricy.

I got a pair of KRK Rockit 5 G2s for my birthday a couple of weeks ago and they're fucking sweet. Save up £50 more and get some of them!

id avoid 5" by miiiilleeeeeeees. your not going to get any bass out of these as they cut everything above 60hz. you dont want that for producing dnb tbh. i hate them small rokits with a passion, you know ..

yeah for me theyre fine as i couldnt have any more bass in here due to the neighbours. heard them rokits 5 and yamaha hms5 or whatever theyre called and wasnt able to do a mixdown because i didnt hear any bass at all..

with the alesis you still dont get a full impression of the bass, but atleast there is some, lol!

edit: check out m audio audiophile monitors aswell, they have 8" cones and cost like 20 quid more than the alesis, sounding reaaallly sweet aswell!

edit2: couldnt you just walk in a shop and listen to various sets? thats what id do anyways :D

Last edited:
id avoid 5" by miiiilleeeeeeees. your not going to get any bass out of these as they cut everything above 60hz. you dont want that for producing dnb tbh. i hate them small rokits with a passion, you know ..

This.

I made the mistake of buying some 5" Alesis monitors and theres no bass in them at all, even with the bass boost switch on! No good for making dnb at all.

Gonna see if i can sell them and put the money towards some KRK r6's.....

get behringer truth b1030a's. They are 5.25" subs, so you'll definately need a subwoofer if you got one lying around from a 2.1 system. but the sound itelf is nice and flat, and its in ur price range.

Back
Top Bottom