Monitor levels

Radius

Full Spectrum Selection
VIP Junglist
Hi
I noticed a lot of DJ's have their monitors much louder than the actual system. Usually resulting in distorsion cos they're not watching the levels. I guess I am wondering what is the 'ideal ' level, I always have the monitor fairly quiet so I can hear what is happening on the main system. Of course not too queit that I get an echo...whaddya u lot rekkon :eek:

having monitors toooo loud really sucks and is a put-off, there needs to be a balance. I like it so if I move my head away from the path of the monitors a bit I can get a good sense of what the system is doing.
when I start a set I usually pull the monitor level all the way down, whatever its at, and then re-position it where I like. Just cause I can.:censored:
It depends what people are used to, and how you mix when you're not playing out. If you are able to rinse your monitors at home, you'll probably be comfortable with higher volume when playing out.... whereas having to keep monitors quiet at home forces you to pay attention and perhaps be a bit more subtle in your mixing style = not a problem mixing on quieter monitors when out.

Back
Top Bottom