• Both

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • None - Fuck being a DJ!

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
While at a local drinking establishment, Tirple and I were discussing the pro's and con's of using the left and right ears to monitor with..

..So we decided to stick up a poll on this subject to find out which is more widely used among DJs!

Just to clarify; By monitor ear, I mean the ear you have the headphone on while you are queuing the next tune.

An example: (HEADPHONE) LEFT EAR --- RIGHT EAR

I would class this example as being someone who monitors with their left ear.

Get voting :spliff:

Left, but at some clubs they have the monitors in funny unmoveable places, so I adapt. Actually, me preferred method is split cue with the cued record in the left and master in the right - a real life saver when there is NO monitor!

Either really....

Just depends on the set up of the booth.

At home I have my main monitor in the middle of my decks as its the only place I can fit it in my room.

At home I use my right ear as my 'monitor' ear, but thats only cos thats how my decks and speakers are set up. Dont really have a preference.

Gotta big up my mate tho, hes deaf in one ear and has to do everything with his left ear!!!

i always go left.. even at home when my speakers are set up on the left side of me... i still need the phones on my left ear..
my right ear feels really wierd having a headphone on it, and i feel like a dick, like everyone would look at me funny hahaha.. anyway..

I generally use my right...its my left ear that is more fucked though...

Thing is though, at home i mix at such quiet volumes that a lot of the time i'm listening to the sound coming off the actual vinyl and don't even use the headphones that much!

Back
Top Bottom