Mongoloid Invasion (JUMP UP)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by FIPITYFLIP, Jan 21, 2014.

1. FIPITYFLIP

FIPITYFLIP Member

I had a wisdom tooth removed today so I'm not very much in the mood of talking. I just let the last track I made;

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  2. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

Hey man. I'm sorry about your wisdom tooth. I never had mine removed, so I really can only imagine the pain you're feeling.

Now, to the track: I'm assuming it's something you're still working on. There's some really harsh rides and hats there. You could try to make them more smooth. I can't hear, too, the heaviness of the sub. This is MY opinion, of course. If this was my track, I'd give the sub a more prominence, maybe set free some of it's harmonics.

3. FIPITYFLIP

FIPITYFLIP Member

It doesn't hurt so much because the anestesia but it's quite an unpleasant sensation feeling and hearing the thooth being removed from the gum lol

About the track, I agree that it needs a sub cause I had to eq some low fequencies from this bass that crashed with the kick drum and compress each part separately (kicks and bass).The hi hats I think they are ok for a jump up track but I'll try some eq to emphasise the highest frequencies. I think with the sub it will sound much better.

Tanks mate

4. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

Sidechain, maybe? Yesterday I learned a little trick, where you can sidechain a specific frequency range of the bass (obviously the one that is clashing with the kick), without affecting the rest of the sound. I liked how that worked on a song I'm working, so maybe you can try too.

5. FIPITYFLIP

FIPITYFLIP Member

Never had to use sidechain compression before but seems to be what it needs. I'll experiment with both options. Obrigado : )