Money = Happiness?

muzzadj

POW!
VIP Junglist
DEFFINATLY!!!

Would love to be rich, but that old saying that money doesn't equal happiness always pops up.. Bulllllshit imo!!

If your pissed off/upset/coming down just buy something to make you feel better and smile.. such as paying money to watch a chicken take on a goose in a UFC ring or something ridiculous like that hahah..

Discuss!

muzzadj

POW!
VIP Junglist
Money can buy anything you want including happiness... but it doesnt buy you true love....
But it can buy you hot sex? lol! You can still find love, just makes it a hell of a lot harder! And its all good if you have a loving missus already then lets say you win the lottery..

Look at Theo Paphitis and his wife for example...

They were together before he made his millions.. so a mate told me!

D-Tektiv

VIP Junglist
"...in the case of wanting more expensive possessions, if that is based on a mental attitude that just wants more and more, then eventually you'll reach a limit of what you can get; you'll come up against reality. And when you reach that limit, then you'll lose all hope, sink down into depression, and so on. That's one danger inherint in that type of desire."
- from the Dalai Lama in his book, The Art Of Happiness

DeeGun

Notable Member
VIP Junglist
Money = Happiness?

I´d say yes but if you have NO friends (don´t need many tho) or some serious disability..I´d say not at all.

Regarding that tru luv thing...
There is an old italian saying:"You only get 3 good women in life."
I passed thru all three and messed up:D

D-Tektiv

VIP Junglist
I like that saying, "There is someone out there for all of us."..and I can't remember what movie it was but a guy replied,"Yeah, well mine must have been hit by a bus and killed at age 12..."
something along those lines..

my experience in life...

People with too much money: unhappy.

People with not enough money to cover basic need: unhappy

People with enough money to lead a decent life: unhappy because they want to have too much money.

Having said that, I am terribly happy with my life - honest, so I am a bit concerned about the state of my finances now! :p

Dan M

hard gay northern bear
VIP Junglist
people are happy in all walks of life. everyone desires something. but rock is right. money cant buy you love. its priceless and magnificently perfect. fuck money when its not there, enjoy it when it is but love someone. = happiness