Money for nothing

ohmydaze

Ez all,
I've just bought my first set of decks and started building a record collection, but i Haven't got a clue where to start when it comes to mixing. I've been watching djtutor and reading everyone's advice on different forums, but i was wondering if someone on this forum would give me like an hour or so of their time explaining the basics, what to practice etc. I live 20 mins south of cambridge (nr duxford) and i'd drive to somewhere round that area. I'd pay you twenty pound for an hour.
Thanks.

Mate seriously just keep practising and it will come to you, when I first bought mine after a hour or so of playing on them I thought jesus I've wasted my money but it eventually comes to you.

Yeh I had decks for about a year or 2 before knwing how to beat match, one day it just happened then it like riding a bike. If you do it for yourself aswell man you will feel so much better for it imo, keep at it dude

i thought i would never be able to mix i practised for about a year b4 i got any good!

trust me tho one day something clicks and you will be able to do it! dont waste your money picking up some body elses bad habbits

i thought i would never be able to mix i practised for about a year b4 i got any good!

trust me tho one day something clicks and you will be able to do it! dont waste your money picking up some body elses bad habbits

Thhis is tru!!

Go for it lad, your be so pleased when you hit the nail on the head just try and chill whilst still in the learnin stage, dont give up!

i dread to think how i sounded when i started mixing, just concentrate on beatmatching the tunes atm, the rest will come

As others said, keep at it.. It's gunna be stressful, annoyingly thats the hardest time to mix (for me anyway) so if its really not working take a break from it and come back later. Just don't give up!!!

As others said, keep at it.. It's gunna be stressful, annoyingly thats the hardest time to mix (for me anyway) so if its really not working take a break from it and come back later. Just don't give up!!!

yeah me to man if im stressed or angry etc it just makes it worse so yeah having a break is the best thing to do

Back
Top Bottom