Monday Theory

Dan M

hard gay northern bear
VIP Junglist
mc crews are destorying the music.

in some other genres you'll get one mc over a live set. This means more breaks where only the music drives the set forward.

i downloaded the breakin science thing that was in one of the threads on ere the other day and when i listened to it, it was jus eksman an herbzie constant for the whole 53 mins.

if it was one or the other then i reckon the mc's would compliment the music more than jus drown it out, ther'ye takin over its mayhem.

if any promoters are reading this post i.e "rock" please take heed, av actually never been to one of your nights mate but all am sayin is this if i was promoting and booking mc's i'd say yeah you can come heres £300 or whatever but dont bother bringin 3 others to scream down a set coz its fucking painful to my eardrums.

i love mc's and thats the reason am saying this,,,, cos i think ther'ye really spoiling the music at present.

please bag off all coalitions/crews/gangs.........its fake as piss and no-one likes it.

e.g, Shadow Demon Crew R my faves but, they don't alf chat some naughty damn innapropriate shit sometimes, about pussys and Alan Shearer, but, I still lovin their style. I really do agree tho, U couldn't B more spot on. That Calibre set from Raveology was good example last year.

the big problem is... i dont see it changing, you appear to be oldskool, i dont know really jus lookin at your age but has it got worse over the years or what.

i know theres always been back to back mc's and crews but now there actually puttin it on flyers and booking crews where does it end.

certain mcs are shit so when they start bussin b2b you know its goona be lame, but when you get good mcs ie.eks,herbz,skibz(when hes not on crack) and harry shotta goin b2b its madness.It aint the crews that are fuckin the music up its the wastemen in them said crews.

ic3,dett,SDC,fatman and foxy should drop out the game.Their style is dryyyyy

certain mcs are shit so when they start bussin b2b you know its goona be lame, but when you get good mcs ie.eks,herbz,skibz(when hes not on crack) and harry shotta goin b2b its madness.It aint the crews that are fuckin the music up its the wastemen in them said crews.

its an interesting point and to a certain degree i agree with you but even if my two favourite mc's go b2b i still think they take over the set and drown out the music.

BAN IT , FRANKLY ITS PIPE

Last edited:
Yeah cause promoters are gonna listen to some dickhead online when most people who go the raves are probably there for the MC's.

Yeah cause promoters are gonna listen to some dickhead online when most people who go the raves are probably there for the MC's.

i go to raves for mc's and dj's......... if you read the thread you'd see that.

but i dont think 4 mcs are needed in a set it takes over the music and the consensus on this forum agree that mc's are too much.

why am i a dickhead its a relative topic on a discussion forum. erm your the dude "online" who is name callin someone probably miles away from you over something you havent read properly.

fool

Last edited:

i dont really think this is the case though is it......if it is then i apoligise but then i reckon thats a very sad state of affairs

I (and a shitload of friends) go to raves for the music, dj's, atmosphere, mc's. In that order.
Don't get me wrong a good mc is worth his weight, its just a shame there isn't very many of them about these days.
RIP Stevie

you want ic3 to drop out of the game, behave, ic3 is big in drum and bass and if you ever get the chance to meet him you might learn a little bit of respect...ask any real dnb head on this forum and you will here about ic3..he is a top man

you cant say ic3's style is dry same with det tbh. they dont constantly spit into the mic they have breaks. yeh there are mc's which constantly shout into the mic. i think the uncz do it well but thats just personal opinion. it does get boring with a constant u n c z lyrcal gatlin but they are there to hype the crowd and make it more intense it does work but doing all the time doesnt

you want ic3 to drop out of the game, behave, ic3 is big in drum and bass and if you ever get the chance to meet him you might learn a little bit of respect...ask any real dnb head on this forum and you will here about ic3..he is a top man

Im guessing you were raving with him at Devotion a couple of months back aswell yeah?..

Top bloke!

IC3 is one, if not THE, safest person in the game.

Me too man.. i only hit raves for the DJ's, tunes, atmosphere and then MC's are a bonus if they're good. I hate it when MC's battle over the mic instead of driving the music and getting the audience pumped, especially when theres a mix coming in or a certain song and they don't really notice.
MC crews just kill it, people start to concentrate on what they're spitting after a while instead of the music and you can see people losing interest.
One MC is enough.

Me too man.. i only hit raves for the DJ's, tunes, atmosphere and then MC's are a bonus if they're good. I hate it when MC's battle over the mic instead of driving the music and getting the audience pumped, especially when theres a mix coming in or a certain song and they don't really notice.
MC crews just kill it, people start to concentrate on what they're spitting after a while instead of the music and you can see people losing interest.
One MC is enough.

what he said!!!!

mc crews are destorying the music.

in some other genres you'll get one mc over a live set. This means more breaks where only the music drives the set forward.

i downloaded the breakin science thing that was in one of the threads on ere the other day and when i listened to it, it was jus eksman an herbzie constant for the whole 53 mins.

if it was one or the other then i reckon the mc's would compliment the music more than jus drown it out, ther'ye takin over its mayhem.

if any promoters are reading this post i.e "rock" please take heed, av actually never been to one of your nights mate but all am sayin is this if i was promoting and booking mc's i'd say yeah you can come heres £300 or whatever but dont bother bringin 3 others to scream down a set coz its fucking painful to my eardrums.

i love mc's and thats the reason am saying this,,,, cos i think ther'ye really spoiling the music at present.

please bag off all coalitions/crews/gangs.........its fake as piss and no-one likes it.

I hear ya man.

Back
Top Bottom