Moment - Witchcraft

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by momentuk, Feb 6, 2016.

1. momentuk

momentuk Member

Hi, I've already posted a version of this track before, but I've now finished it...

If anyone has any feedback that would be great!

I'm also interested to think whether people believe this to be at a standard to send to record labels.

Thanks!

maschinistom likes this.
  2. Rounder RG

Rounder RG Active Member

Absolutely wicked. Just my kind of thing.

Getting some great stereo effects with different elements sounding like they are coming from all over the place, in a good way. Everything sounds really clear and crisp on my speakers. Did you use a stereo width plugin or was it just good samples?

Really nice roll on the whole thing. Not sure I'm of a standard to comment about sending it off to labels but good luck if you do. Nice work!

3. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

(y) hey momentuk. nice track, sounds unique to me and movement/arrangement is interesting and well balanced. not sure if it is ready to go (to be published), some of the sounds are dull (to my liking). the male chorus for example sounds not classy (to me). I also recommend to work on some of the drum sounds. also, adding a bit of punch to the mix (maximiser, transient) would give the tune some my room to breath. however, a good track already that can be brilliant with some more tweaking. again .. this is my personal view. cheerio!

4. maschinistom

PS: what equipment are you using .. esp. for mixing / mastering?

5. momentuk

momentuk Member

thanks man! ermm all synths were created by myself, mainly using massive with use of the dimension expander on the effects panel for the pluck sounds. other than that its purely just panning for different parts! it can really help open up a mix by panning little percussion parts and non-bass synths. hope that answers your question!

6. momentuk

momentuk Member

thanks for the feedback! the style itself is very minimal/dark inspired so that's why it could sound dull to you, but if you're into those styles, i'll try and reference other tracks better next time. which drum sounds in particular do you feel need to be improved? i mastered it myself so if it was done professionally it could probably be sound a bit less squashed...

as far as equipment goes, I use a lot of waves plug-ins. I usually add effects to my liking on each channel, where all channels are then sent to appropriate groups (drums, synths, subs, etc...) where I'll add a bit of compression, tube distortion and EQ. mastering wise I don't tend to go crazy like a lot of people do, purely because I'm no expert at mastering. all I did was boost above 8kHz slightly, added about 3dB of compression and then limited it a fair bit (which may have squashed it too much) with Waves L1. hope that helps!

7. maschinistom

hi, still an interesting track !! i meant those bell-alike sounding drums sequences. what is the platform you are using to your create music on? let's connect on soundcloud and pls rate my tracks there as well. thx.