Moment - Native

Sounds good and balanced but I think the bass could come up a bit. I also do not like the tone of your snare. Not that it is bad, it just is bland. Your drums in general are bland.
Your melodies are beautiful and to be envied.

Sounds good and balanced but I think the bass could come up a bit. I also do not like the tone of your snare. Not that it is bad, it just is bland. Your drums in general are bland.
Your melodies are beautiful and to be envied.

A few people have told me the mid-range bass needs to be louder, I guess I wanted the piano to dominate a little more. As for the drums, I used a Calibre track as a reference, where they aren't as in your face as most drum and bass tracks in my opinion. I also synthesized the kick and snare myself in combination with top layered samples, so I clearly need to work on this more. Thanks for the feedback!

hello. very nice tune, i like it, the intro is strong !! to my liking, the drums could be more in front, maybe some EQing and filter would solve this already? i like the easy flow throughout the track, no rush and soft approach, good! maybe you could add some vocal hooks to complete the track picture? possibly, the harps could use some more effect (reverb, delay, EQ?). the piano at around 3:30 is ducking the master I feel, please look into that. don't want to criticise too much because i like your track a lot !! :2thumbs:

Last edited:
did you suggest the guy using a filter to bring drums more up front? really? a subtractive process? what the heck dude

did you suggest the guy using a filter to bring drums more up front? really? a subtractive process? what the heck dude

what an amicable comment ...
if you open your eyes you can easily see I've put a question mark to this suggestion.
if you know better then why don't you advise to MOMENTUK instead of commenting non-sense?

hello. very nice tune, i like it, the intro is strong !! to my liking, the drums could be more in front, maybe some EQing and filter would solve this already? i like the easy flow throughout the track, no rush and soft approach, good! maybe you could add some vocal hooks to complete the track picture? possibly, the harps could use some more effect (reverb, delay, EQ?). the piano at around 3:30 is ducking the master I feel, please look into that. don't want to criticise too much because i like your track a lot !! :2thumbs:

yeah, as i said up there i was trying to be a bit more gentler with the drums this time round, but i can appreciate why people think they could be more upfront. i tried adding some vocal hooks but just seemed to think it worked better without them to be honest. experimenting with vocals is definitely on my to do list for my next tracks though. but thanks for all your tips man, you often provide me and other people with very thought out comments. nice one.

cool idea definately. the piano needs to be a bit more quiet, in the intro and the drop. the snare is a bit flat, i'd recommend layering it up with more different hits to get a wider and stronger feel. the thing with calibre drums is they're kinda flat but still sound good because of the use of the right gear/plugins/etc.

lose the enei percussion loop at the beginning of the drop and re occuring (yes i know a lot of samplepack samples).

the only thing you're really suffering from is variations as it all sounds a bit samey, i mean i hear the sine coming in after 16 and it's nice and wub but it feels like there could be so much more, some intricate sweeps, different drum patterns etc.

what else could work is that you filter down or use plucked versions of your piano as before the drop you're giving it all away hence creating less impact.

nice track all in all, not particulary a fan of the style but i surely hear some potential in this (y)

cool idea definately. the piano needs to be a bit more quiet, in the intro and the drop. the snare is a bit flat, i'd recommend layering it up with more different hits to get a wider and stronger feel. the thing with calibre drums is they're kinda flat but still sound good because of the use of the right gear/plugins/etc.

lose the enei percussion loop at the beginning of the drop and re occuring (yes i know a lot of samplepack samples).

the only thing you're really suffering from is variations as it all sounds a bit samey, i mean i hear the sine coming in after 16 and it's nice and wub but it feels like there could be so much more, some intricate sweeps, different drum patterns etc.

what else could work is that you filter down or use plucked versions of your piano as before the drop you're giving it all away hence creating less impact.

nice track all in all, not particulary a fan of the style but i surely hear some potential in this (y)

i agree with the piano needing to be quieter. after listening to other speaker systems its clear my room set up is a bit flawed, so cheers for that. as for the drums, i also agree, as i'm taking to synthesizing my own kick and snare hits now i obviously need to keep practicing with this, as its going to be hard to compete with current samples.

yes it is an enei loop, but please don't try belittle me. i wouldn't make out that you know a lot of sample packs either, its one of the best selling on loopmasters. a track featured on andy c - nightlife 6 (kelle - radiophobia) uses this sample excessively. i use it as a background loop in the same way someone would use an amen break. all synths and pads that you hear in my track are 100% made by myself, even all drums come from sampler vst's such as battery and kontakt, and are constructed by myself. i use a grand total of 4 drum loops throughout my 30+ drum tracks channels (a break, a tambourine, and two enei loops). i really get annoyed when people try to put NEW producers down for using sample loops. numerous artists encourage it, and i often hear samples from packs in tons of professional tunes. its drum and bass culture.

the sine plays for 32 bars then has a variation for 16 bars, before going back into the main riff for another 16 bars. i really don't think this is too repetitive. comparing to the likes of logisitics - together, commix - be true etc. a lot of liquid tunes have the same rolling bass throughout. i can happily take feedback as i have been doing on this thread, but maybe we just have different views stylistically about this. changing drum patterns and adding sweeps or variation in other ways is definitely something i will think about next time however!

as for the piano being filtered, that's actually a good tip and something i didn't think of. thanks!

please remember this forum is to help people, replying to a guys feedback and knocking him down for suggesting something that probably isn't the best way to do something isn't big, it just makes you look a bit like a dick.

Last edited:
i don't mind coming over as a dick i am just being honest.

actually those kelle tracks you mentioned are completely made of the enei samplepack (i discussed this even with ram, guess why theres no more kelle there) my point is that you could easily make a percussion loop like that yourself by just taking that sample and kinda rebuild it, i was by no means belittleling you, i am just encouraging you not fall back to using all the loopmasters pack and instead learn a little about layering and synthesis

i don't mind coming over as a dick i am just being honest.

actually those kelle tracks you mentioned are completely made of the enei samplepack (i discussed this even with ram, guess why theres no more kelle there) my point is that you could easily make a percussion loop like that yourself by just taking that sample and kinda rebuild it, i was by no means belittleling you, i am just encouraging you not fall back to using all the loopmasters pack and instead learn a little about layering and synthesis

you can easily be honest whilst also not being a dick. instead of saying are you seriously suggesting that, or what the heck, you can say, i think you might be confused... or actually, it would work better like this... etc.

whilst i appreciate where your coming from with the use of samples, i quite like using a few loops underneath my drums, same with most people. i could be more creative with it though and so i will bear that in mind in future. but i wouldn't at all say i'm falling back on it? its one quiet track layered against other 30 other drums, all of which i've intrinsically cut up, faded, transient shaped, filtered, processed and even synthesized myself. like i said, with other loops, i did construct them myself out of kontakt and battery. i still rely on layering and synthesis extensively, so i think your comment would be better aimed at someone who is relying largely on samples.

sorry if it seems like i don't take criticism well, but with everyone else's comments (and your other comments) i've agreed with them and taken them on board. i just strongly disagree with the whole sample loop argument. i don't want an argument obviously, and i really do appreciate the feedback.

I've been meaning to comment on this for a week or so since this popped up on my soundcloud feed. Right up my street and I think your productions are getting noticeably slicker with each one. Really liking this and easily the best I've heard of yours, putting my current efforts to shame!

Agree with the comments that it could use a few sweeps, rises, etc.. as some of the transitions just come out of nowhere. As for the comments about variation, I think a lot of tunes on this board get over analysed, taken outside of the intended genre. Not everything is a tech masterpiece with constantly evolving synths and pads :)

If you really sit down and pull apart a commix, calibre or lsb tune (and I have to the point of boredom) they all have a lot of repetition. I don't think this track is anymore repetative than some by those producers. They obviously get away with it due to the use of subtle changes and top notch production skills. The only thing I can really see they do a little more than yourself is tease/introduce sounds before just dropping them in on the first beat of a new 16 but that goes back to the transitions point.

Overall I think its a really nice tune.

I've been meaning to comment on this for a week or so since this popped up on my soundcloud feed. Right up my street and I think your productions are getting noticeably slicker with each one. Really liking this and easily the best I've heard of yours, putting my current efforts to shame!

Agree with the comments that it could use a few sweeps, rises, etc.. as some of the transitions just come out of nowhere. As for the comments about variation, I think a lot of tunes on this board get over analysed, taken outside of the intended genre. Not everything is a tech masterpiece with constantly evolving synths and pads :)

If you really sit down and pull apart a commix, calibre or lsb tune (and I have to the point of boredom) they all have a lot of repetition. I don't think this track is anymore repetative than some by those producers. They obviously get away with it due to the use of subtle changes and top notch production skills. The only thing I can really see they do a little more than yourself is tease/introduce sounds before just dropping them in on the first beat of a new 16 but that goes back to the transitions point.

Overall I think its a really nice tune.

Really appreciate your feedback man!! Glad someone else understands the angle at which I approached this track as well, I was starting to doubt whether I was doing the right thing in terms of repetitiveness/variation.

I agree with what you've said about teasing in parts to be honest, I think sometimes I write sections, and get so used to hearing them that I don't take into account how it will hear just coming out of nowhere to everyone else.

Thanks a lot!!

i dont know what the enei loop sample is but always better to try and make your own in the long run i guess,
but fuck it.

track sounds really good to me, nice mixdown, really clean. but yeah i guess piano sound and other melodic instruments are a bit basic for me could do with some more switching up

Back
Top Bottom