Moment - Dusk / Dawn - Drum & Bass

momentuk

Last edited:
are both songs suppose to have a certain theme thats makes them alike? I dont see much relating to both songs. The second drums of the 2nd song doesn't really fit, maybe switching the drums back to the originals after 4 measures? 1st songs second drop with the constant switch of the drums gets me thinking that a new element (synth, bass, instrument, etc.) will be added in, but never comes in. 1st drop of both songs are good on their own.

Hi man,

The tracks aren't meant to have certain themes that make them alike, I just have a habit of giving them my tracks contrasting names, often because I work on two tracks at a time.
The idea with the first track was to switch up the track every 2 bars in terms of more old school sounding drums, as well as changing some parameters to the synths. Maybe I could have made the synth changes more extreme/obvious though.
The idea with the second track was to have a more upbeat second drop, so switching back to the original drums wasn't really what I was going for as it would sound confusing switching the drums half way through, but not the synths. Maybe this drastic switch up doesn't work as well in practice as I'd have hoped.

Thanks for the feedback!

Back
Top Bottom