Mojo - Summer 2010 - A Little Bit of Drums and a Little Bit of Bass

djmojo

What's up all. I haven't done a Drum & Bass mix in quite a long time, but overall I am pleased with how this turned out. Mostly new stuff with a few old classic favs thrown in for good measure. Mostly liquid but a little bit of everything and I throw some harder stuff in at the peaks. Scratching could be a little tighter; I'm a little rusty... But not too bad. Anyways, enjoy. (y)

http://soundcloud.com/dj-mojo/a-little-bit-of-drums-and-a-little-bit-of-bass

Download:

http://soundcloud.com/dj-mojo/a-little-bit-of-drums-and-a-little-bit-of-bass/download

Tracklist:

Leumas - Cheeze Dreams - Original Mix
A Forest Mighty Black - Tides [Peshay & Flytronix Remix]
Ultracode - Last Drops - Original Mix
D Bridge - Pure Elegance - Original Mix
Cloud 9 - Jazzmin (Tango Remix)
SpectraSoul - Absentis - Original Mix
Triad - The Essence - Original Mix
Ulterior Motive - Featherweight - Original Mix
Hybris - The Cleaner - Original Mix
Bailey, Zero T - Wasp Factory - Original Mix
Whiplash - Future Cut
Ulterior Motive - Yogurt Brainwave - Original Mix
Alix Perez - 1984 - Original Mix
Triad - Distraction - Original Mix
Blu Mar Ten - Overwhelm - Seba Remix
Marcus Intalex - Nebulous
Nymfo - Off The Radar - Original Mix
Klute - 174 Bpm - Original Mix
Need For Mirrors - Nevada - Original Mix
jonny l - piper
Raiden, Khanage - King Stays King - Icicle Remix
Dub Foundation - Gunman - Original Mix
Decoder & Substance - Dimension
Bladerunner - Back To The Jungle - Original Mix
Calibre, D Bridge - Ponderosa - Original Mix
DuoScience - Universal - Original Mix
P.B.K - 20 Years - Original Mix .
Consequence - 11 Circles - Original Mix
HLZ - Get The Blues - Original Mix
Omni Trio - Sanctuary
Paul SG, Pouya - Me & You - Original Mix
Total Science, Riya - Redlines - Original Mix
Level 2 - Ghetto Sounds - Original Mix
Crix, Operon - Pure Energy - Original Mix
D Bridge, Instra:mental - Blush Response - Original Mix
June Miller - Nine - Original Mix

Last edited:
Cheers man. Yeah, soundcloud's been a bit wishy washy as of late. Feel free to download also.

Last edited:
I actually downloaded it a few days ago but haven't had a chance to listen, bruv, I'm so sorry!

But I intend to tomorrow! Feedback forthcoming!

It's all good mate. I am reworking a remix, but I've got your YARLY mix dl'ed and will listen tonight or tomorrow for sure.

While I can't be as descriptive as you were (listened to the mix while taking a very, very long walk), I can say that keywise it seems like everything was pretty top notch. I wasn't familiar with most of the tunes but I did love how the ones I did know were given a kind of new angle when you lead them in with other ones. Good example: Absentis and the tune before it was WICKED! The two worked really well together, even though the mixing wasn't forced at all.

My only concern (and I really have no room to talk regarding this) is that the overall flow of the mix seemed a little off to me. It always felt like you were jumping back and forth between the harder and deeper stuff. Don't get me wrong, the selection was great, but I just felt that some tunes could have been placed elsewhere in the mix, rearranged and that would give the whole mix an overall more transitional feel.

But it's still one the better mixes I've heard on here, easily! Thanks for giving me a good workout mix, mate.

While I can't be as descriptive as you were (listened to the mix while taking a very, very long walk), I can say that keywise it seems like everything was pretty top notch. I wasn't familiar with most of the tunes but I did love how the ones I did know were given a kind of new angle when you lead them in with other ones. Good example: Absentis and the tune before it was WICKED! The two worked really well together, even though the mixing wasn't forced at all.

My only concern (and I really have no room to talk regarding this) is that the overall flow of the mix seemed a little off to me. It always felt like you were jumping back and forth between the harder and deeper stuff. Don't get me wrong, the selection was great, but I just felt that some tunes could have been placed elsewhere in the mix, rearranged and that would give the whole mix an overall more transitional feel.

But it's still one the better mixes I've heard on here, easily! Thanks for giving me a good workout mix, mate.

Thanks for listening and thanks for the feedback! As far as the flow, I usually like to peak a couple of times during a set. I know this may be a little unusual, but that's just the way I like to do it. I unserstand what you're saying, but almost everyone mixes towards a big climax in the middle or the 75% mark and then comes down; I used to do that as well... Now, I like to build it up and break it down at least a couple of times during a set, especially a longer set. Just a matter of personal preference. But I do really appreciate the feedback and thank you for the compliments! And keep up the good work yourself!

Back
Top Bottom