DnB Modz - Imperial Wind [WID clip]

modz

Hey guys :), I've been working on the track day and night for the past week. I came up ith this and tried to apply what I learned from my past track. It's not quite done I still have to eq it
properly nd various other things. Also I feel that my patterns overall ok but I want htme to be great. Any advice on how to make my track more interesting or work/sound better will be greatly appreciated.

I really enjoyed the intro.. I'm not feeling the main sections really. I think that resonant sound needs some other mid bass to alternate between if you get me? And you said u had some eqing left to do... so I cant really comment on that for now then. but it is a bit unbalanced, yep.

Keep at it, as I said.. atmospheres are nicely done tho!

intro sounds good, i think the bit with the half time beat needs a bit more funk to it though. maybe try adding in some off beat kicks/toms, or even reverse kicks/snares and general swooshing sounds can make a beat like that come to life.

i think the main section is pretty good but it kinda comes a bit out of nowhere if you know what i mean? like the bit at 3:15 is fine because the point is it kinda comes out of nowhere. but the half-arsed build up at like 1:50 doesn't really add anything at all.. if you're going to have a build up like that then i think you need more textures building up as opposed to just the kick of the break. an easy way to do that is to get some white noise, put a low pass filter with really high resonance on it and then slowly open the cut off as the drop approaches. and i'd say a little snare roll or fill of some kind just before the drop would work nicely. but just experiment and play around with it, listen to whatever inspires you for ideas!

Back
Top Bottom