Module10

I think this will be up there when people will talk about the best 12"(yes, it's a 10" vinyl, but hopefully you get the point :teeth: ) of 2012 in a year. Serious tunes!

it isn't a case of making the main critical releases i don't think - its more an outlet for the slightly deeper, tighter stuff imo.

frankly i prefer the modulations releases over the majority of normal critical.

look at some of the tunes on it: cloak & dagger, pressure plate, rodan, monolever, the cleaner - now these

it isn't a case of making the main critical releases i don't think - its more an outlet for the slightly deeper, tighter stuff imo.

frankly i prefer the modulations releases over the majority of normal critical.

look at some of the tunes on it: cloak & dagger, pressure plate, rodan, monolever, the cleaner - now these

Very true.. not forgetting the Nymfo release either. I just thought it was a format to try out new artists like Shogun's sub label. I think you're right though it's a different label in its own right. Some really impressive releases so far!

ahh yeah of course autonomous robot was ridiculously large.
big things for critical and modulations this year (same as every year haha)

Its not a sub label, its not inferior. I suppose the best way to put it is its a sister label.

sickster label

10 for 10 releases... all sick

this is might possible be the best one yet.
can't wait for the next 10 10" 's

I remember that Kasra in an interview on YouTube said something about how he hated the idea of a sub-label for stuff that "wasn't good enough for the main label", and how Modulations was a project of its own, and how the style with the packaging and 10" vinyls fitted the music or something like that. I agree that Modulations seems like the home for more deep and tight productions, and you won't see anything remotely cheesy released on Modulations, and that's another reason why it is such a popular label.

Such a strong catalog. The releases might not have the same potential for being the biggest thing in dnb, like the Stonehead EP for example, but with modulations, we are always getting some stripped down, to the point dnb, that sit well in the mix. Quality.

Back
Top Bottom