MODULE015 - Ruffhouse and Clarity - Persecute/Aphasia

much as i love modulations, and do really dig the ruffhouse sound, i just don't think there is enough going on here :(

shame because i love everything modulations, this is just a little boring imo. still good music but won't bag tbh

This is dissapointing really. Dunno if it's just me growing out of minimal/deep/experimental dnb sounds, but this is straight up boring. Absolutely no progression in Persecute whatsoever, Aphasia started pretty much the same, I was really worried that it's only about a changed bass note. Luckily the snares came on later, which makes this tune a bit more playable/listenable/varied, but still there's so little going on in overall...

i actually really like this release. really deep soudns youd expect from ruffhouse. i couldnt listen to a whole hour of it, but as more of an interlude tune or mid set slow down its sick. will deffinately buy

Ruffhouse has always been one of those kinds of things where it takes a few listens to really appreciate it. I really like it will be bagging

Aphasia is LARGE!
It's all about getting locked into a groove with these sort of tunes and the more you get involved, the more noticeable the subtle changes are. They're not designed to tear the roof off.

the groove on these tunes is sick, will be picking this up. haven't picked up any of the prior Ruffhouse bits: i like what they're doing but their prior releases haven't really grabbed me enough to buy them. The link-up w/Clarity on this really worked.

Ruffhouse has always been one of those kinds of things where it takes a few listens to really appreciate it. I really like it will be bagging

It's all about getting locked into a groove with these sort of tunes and the more you get involved, the more noticeable the subtle changes are. They're not designed to tear the roof off.

Mmmhmm. Bagged this morning along with Sam KDC's new EP :)
I think they are both good tunes that could be used to great effect. Just need to find other tunes to compliment them and get the best out of them

I guess my issue is that I already own about 6 Ruffhouse tune that have the same effect on me and serve the same purpose in a set. I like the tunes, but they're almost interchangeable, like listening to a minimal techno set.

Aphasia is LARGE!

yeah this, had the pleasure of seeing cooper at genesis the other night and the vibe he created was immense. all about these slow-burners... no-one does this music better for me atm

Maybe my issue with this stuff is that I like minimalistic music built around the clever use of percussions or some progressive melody (Auxiliary kind of stuff). This has none. It's all about the tiny bass modulation hence why I don't find it appealing. I can imagine it can work in the mix somehow but it's certainly not something I would buy for frequent home listening which is why I do buy some of this kind of stuff almost exclusively.

Ruffhouse and Clarity? Oh shit!!!... Nothing happens. One of the most
Uninspired, boring 12's I can think of...

*disclaimer*
I'm a huge fan of all them.

Back
Top Bottom