Modulating Reese Bass?

mykono5

Aru R.
I usually do Liquid Drum & Bass but recently I'm trying to get into the darker style of dnb...
But I have a question, how do those pro modulate their bass? Are they using notch or bandreject filter to modulate the bass or what?

It is a lot of things that are use to modulate a bass. Pulse width modulation mixed with detune phasing is usually the first step. If you turn down the ending result, and add some saturation, you can now throw on a filter with some resonance to add extra wobble and unusual lfo effect. If you have a flanger and some reverb added in the right places you can then these really cool effects.
It can get complicated and dis-hearting but with time you will get it. After all your only fourteen. Keep playing.

you're*

anywhooooo, IV has the goods here, i like to resample my reese(s) like 3 to 4 times, just adding different shit each time on my channel busses.

now with that said, DO NOT take this as a formulaic answer to the "perfect" neuro reese or whatevs, just resample to your god damn hearts content. im a lil faded right now so bear (bare? bere? idk how to fucking spell it) with me on this

flanger (subtley) can sound sexy, i like to split my frequencies here for a good reese, bass in > lo bass, mid bass, hi bass. lo bass > bass out. mid and hi bass > mid +hi channel > mid + hi channel > bass out (if that doesnt make sense, ignore me)

and each of these channels has an eq on it to split the frequencies.... 0-120hz etc

and THEN, i like to distort the hi and mid channels, via waveshapers or more conventional distortion units and what not. just go ape shit and see what goatfuck of a bassline you can make from serious FX chain buttpluggage.

aight back to my movie peace out cub scout

you're*

anywhooooo, IV has the goods here, i like to resample my reese(s) like 3 to 4 times, just adding different shit each time on my channel busses.

now with that said, DO NOT take this as a formulaic answer to the "perfect" neuro reese or whatevs, just resample to your god damn hearts content. im a lil faded right now so bear (bare? bere? idk how to fucking spell it) with me on this

flanger (subtley) can sound sexy, i like to split my frequencies here for a good reese, bass in > lo bass, mid bass, hi bass. lo bass > bass out. mid and hi bass > mid +hi channel > mid + hi channel > bass out (if that doesnt make sense, ignore me)

and each of these channels has an eq on it to split the frequencies.... 0-120hz etc

and THEN, i like to distort the hi and mid channels, via waveshapers or more conventional distortion units and what not. just go ape shit and see what goatfuck of a bassline you can make from serious FX chain buttpluggage.

aight back to my movie peace out cub scout

He sends me naket pictures of him self all the time:/

Hope this helps. what want to do is separate one channel into 2 or 3 and add different effects to them and then modulate. just watch the video even if you dont use Reason. it will make some sense as the guy clearly explains.
good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, automating various effects, lots of automating different effects to the same mod wheel by differing amounts.

literally just fucking around till you hear something that sounds awesome then bounce it and move on to the next sound. thats if youre going for the kind've twisted reeces that are constantly changing

Back
Top Bottom