Modiefied Motion & Faction - Magic Man- Evasion Remix// Feedback needed!!!

can't comment on the bass (on headphones) but the build up and drop sounds good. i like the idea of the second bassline, but the sound needs more. sounds nice though, good variety.

I think the subbass is centred around what? B? That's 62.something hz and quite high for a one note sub bass imo. You can't drop it an octave cos it will be too low, so maybe transpose it down? Just an idea.
Didn't really like the distortion on the sub. What do you mean by 'wide enough'? by the way.
The intro sounds good.

I think the subbass is centred around what? B? That's 62.something hz and quite high for a one note sub bass imo. You can't drop it an octave cos it will be too low, so maybe transpose it down? Just an idea.
Didn't really like the distortion on the sub. What do you mean by 'wide enough'? by the way.
The intro sounds good.

By wide enough, i ment that's it's playing too high so i can't get any strong sound of it. But when i lower one octave like you say, than it will be C3, it's way to low.
I'm playing it at C4 now
What do you mean by transpose it down?? Or how can i make it playing on a lower hz???

grtz

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Tnx man. I'm on that snare :)

The Orchestra is in the key of G (if I'm not mistaken) so transpose all of the bassline/pad notes down to G in whatever octave they are in and then transpose the sub notes down to G3.

Simples.

Also, dont distort the sub... or compress it either. It'll fuck it up in the mixdown

Transpose just means move the notes up or down the keyboard but keep the same intervals (gaps) between them so you'll preserve the harmonic structure. Eg: if you slect all the notes in a midi clip and drag the lot up or down that's transposing, or if you pitch an audio clip up or down, that's also transposing. Simples
The hz is just the value of the root frequency of the note being played, so just playing a note lower on the keyboard will do it.

Transpose just means move the notes up or down the keyboard but keep the same intervals (gaps) between them so you'll preserve the harmonic structure. Eg: if you slect all the notes in a midi clip and drag the lot up or down that's transposing, or if you pitch an audio clip up or down, that's also transposing. Simples
The hz is just the value of the root frequency of the note being played, so just playing a note lower on the keyboard will do it.

But if i transpose all the notes of my subbass down it won't be in harmony anymore with the bass notes, isn't it??

loving the first drop... but seems everyone has done the same thing, lol! (check bios tune) second bass is a definate no no... intro and beats are sweet too bruvva ;)

loving the first drop... but seems everyone has done the same thing, lol! (check bios tune) second bass is a definate no no... intro and beats are sweet too bruvva ;)

Think i'll have to change the 2nd one if i want to keep the same concept i think. But massive keeps crashing all day, really sucks, can't really get nice basses from other synths

Back
Top Bottom