Modern - Untitled (Demo)

Nice work mate, I love the textures of all the synths you have in it and the mixdown sounds pretty clean. If you think it sounds too upbeat I'd play around with minor scales (look them up online if you're not sure of them) and making good use of the note one semi tone up from the key of the song always works for getting dark sounds. I don't think the vocal sample fits well and it sounds out of key, but the rest of it sounds really nice!

Cool melody, gives me a quite happy feeling.. Also the buildup of the intro is very nice. As Xenflex said, that vocal is bad. I'd rather use a female voice, or put that male voice in key.. Main part is niiiiice. Love to hear more of this! Good job.

grtz

Haha, thanks for the feedback, guys. Yeah, I really didn't like that vocal, I just kinda threw it in for the sake of a vocal, lol. Planning on ripping that out, though.

for me, main part doesnt fit intro i just didnt feel it good after drop. i dont know, maybe first note of the main part try change it and vocals yeah - if vocals only female. male vocals for dark side of dnb :D beside that - intro is so uplifting i like it very much :) and separately main part has also its own good vibe! for me - focus on the drop, good luck :)

Agree with feedbacks above. Intro is nice. Vocals sucks. And drop feels kinda weird although its well produced. I think thats it. I would like to have longer clip also :P
cheers and good luck with that mate

Thanks for the feedback, man. Yeah, the vocal is shit. Thanks, I was happy with the intro. And yeah, I gotta work on the flow of the variation to the drop, I know this much. Thanks, man. Yeah, and the clip - I wasn't actually planning on going anywhere with it! I made it really stoned at 2 am, looking for something to do. With no intention of it actually turning out good. But if people think I should keep going, I might.

Good textures on the intro, the vocal is weak as stated already. The side-chain compression on the synth (when the beat comes in) doesn't work for me, as things are quite busy in this freq range anyway.

Back
Top Bottom