House Modern - Unknown (Feedback highly appreciated, never done this before)

To be honest I think this might be your thing. The intro sounds like a video game song but the drop is contemporary and very cool. You got some crazy things going on. Mix sounds good too.

To be honest I think this might be your thing. The intro sounds like a video game song but the drop is contemporary and very cool. You got some crazy things going on. Mix sounds good too.

That's disappointing because I love DnB, haha! But, thanks a lot. Glad to hear the mix is good because I went a different way with the mastering this time. I used to go by presets and edit them if necessary for an easier work flow, lol. My presets, that is. Yeah, I was hoping to make it a bit more exciting, but the trouble with exciting drops is if you want to make the track good, variation is also important, so I've gotta chuck in more sounds to make it that bit more fresher and less repetitive. Thanks for your feedback. I notice you're always making your way around the feedback section, so thanks a lot. Respect.

i think the ideas are good man, not my style but can appreciate this music, melody wise is very good, also the sounds you have used are cool

Not bad for a first timer, but there seems to be a little lack of cohesion, it's so random at the drop! :p
make sure a sub bass is a sub btw and a pad is a pad. they dont want to have the same freqs, that makes them unhappy in the mix ;)

I'm in agreement with most of what has been said above. The underlying synth progressions are great but the actual melody is a bit twee, though that not necessarily a bad thing if done consciously. The mix of trancey and glitchy dubstep elements on the drop are awesome imo. I think the tempo is perhaps a little too fast and the kick needs to be fatter and more present.

Haha, oh. Well, yes it's done consciously. I wanted it to be mixed sounds, but bring it all together at the end.

Back
Top Bottom