DnB Modern - Soldier On (Quantum DnB remix comp) Draft

modern

So, this is what I have so far, been working on it for a few days now. The mix may be bad, but I'm struggling with that on this because there is a lot of aspects and some things I've never even done before. Still got some work to do, but yeah. Let me know what you think so far.

So, hopefully you like it. And, thanks for feedback if you so graciously take the time. Cheers.

Edit:

I have reuploaded a 2nd edit of it with, hopefully, better mixing and mastering.

Last edited:
Kicks too loud and snares too quiet :rolf

In all seriousness that's not too bad mate, although I'm not keen on some of the notes you've chosen for the main synth/bassline.. Just don't blend well with the vocals for me..

I really dig this modern! Great use of vocals and midrange bass. I understand you are still working on the mix so It's cool.

Great progression man. I would mix/master it yourself and see how it turns out! :mr_cool:

Getting someone else to mix or master it is absolutely not cheating.

The vocal is really cool but I'm not sure about the bass synth. It may just be my headphones but there seems to be very little bottom end. Mostly mid.

I'm using normal bb headphones 2day btw.

So, this is what I have so far, been working on it for a few days now. The mix may be bad, but I'm struggling with that on this because there is a lot of aspects and some things I've never even done before. Still got some work to do, but yeah. Let me know what you think so far.

So, hopefully you like it. And, thanks for feedback if you so graciously take the time. Cheers.

By the way, that build up kick - I know, way too loud, lol. Computer is just too slow to be loading the project right now, so ceebs atm. I'll wait until I can give my ears a break from my bad mixing. And yes, I know, snare is too quiet. Haha. But, I'm struggling to fix that at 2fps and my sound delaying by like 3-4 seconds, lol.

Maybe I should just pay someone to master and mix it? Sending the stems? But that might be cheating, lol. Anyways, here.

Good start. The drums are sounding proper, will definitely sound a bit better once you've tidied them up a bit. The sequencing/automation on the bassline are quite nice, though I'd like another bass sound thrown into the mix to switch things up a bit.

For me personally, I would like that vocal to cut through the mix a bit more. To add, maybe chop up the vocal a little be for some glitchy-type noise.

Just my .02. I'm digging it overall.

2nd edit is up guys, let me know what you think now.

Thanks for all the feedback. Highly, highly appreciated. :)

Rep for all, once I figure out how to rep :lol:

Back
Top Bottom