Modern Day Classics

Subjekt Music

VIP Junglist
So, we all know its a given that tunes like Atlantis, Valley Of The Shadows and Circles just to name a few are classic examples of D&B.

But....what do you consider to be modern day classic records? Are there any? Theres no specific criteria. I'm sure what people consider classics will differ greatly.

My vote? Gotta be Swamp Thing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D7gZbWc6zk

Add on!

chubrub, heavyweight
depends how far u wanna go back but def the bad company tunes!

drop it down
wonder where

only two tunes i can think of at the moment that, in my opinion, deserve classic status. i'm sure there are more, but let's not bandy this term 'classic' around too willy-nilly. to be a classic it needs to stand the test of time and not just be because an individual loves it and used to rave their tits off to it. we've all got tunes like that floating around our minds but that doesn't make them classic.

I'm just gonna list what I see as classic or slightly revolutionary... Most will never go on to get played outside a 2-3 year shelf life, but I like em.

Drop it Down

I'm Free

Refusal (rmx or orig)

Be True

Heavyweight

Come Here

Ashram

Disco Dodo

Konspiracy

Adoration

SHK

Moving in Circles

Monkey Boy

Headspace

The genre and scene is so fickle though that it is always hard to tell, there are enough tunes that are considered classic that are also crap.

Probably a few upfront tunes will get rinsed as well for years to come.. I just don't have the strength to mention them

all really depends on personal preference, and i cud be here for a while, but some not mentioned already...

Floodlight
Tink Ya Bad
Nosher
Facade VIP
3rd Degree Gurns

swampthing and be true are defo classics.

If we ever - HC ?
that gets played everywhere still, sign of a classic..?

Commix-Be True
Logistics-Together
High Contrast-If We Ever
Un-cut-Midnight
Chase & Status-Hurt You

Back
Top Bottom