Modern Day Classics

like it or not:

hazard & d*minds - mr. happy

innit, a lot of people are like 'mr happy is an offensive ugly shit excuse for music etc...'

but have you ever been at a rave when its been dropped and the place hasnt gone off?

Snake Fist
Dr Feel Good
Swamp Thing
Together VIP
Papa Lover Remix
Stepping Stones Friction Remix

a few potential classics i dont think have been mentioned as yet

high contrast - basment track
dillinja - twist em out
bc - mo fire
fresh - signal
pendulum - another planet
calibre - drop it down
high contast - racing green
sub focus -airplane

classics imo

innit, a lot of people are like 'mr happy is an offensive ugly shit excuse for music etc...'

but have you ever been at a rave when its been dropped and the place hasnt gone off?

i agree, mr happy...definatly a modern classic,
i would say sub focus - timewarp has to be included aswell

maybe tc - wheres my money?

Far too many tunes being released at the moment that get played for a week then gradually make their way to the back of the box never to see a turntable again!

Got to be Sub Focus- Airplane though!

Far too many tunes being released at the moment that get played for a week then gradually make their way to the back of the box never to see a turntable again!

Got to be Sub Focus- Airplane though!

Very true.. it is so hard to tell what will be considered a classic.

Airplane has got to be one the worst Subfocus tunes that has made it big imo. A bit cheesy really, and has no soul or meaning behind it.

all been said before but....

if we ever
swamp thing
mr happy

also although way too old to be modern

snapshot

is a classic

No.

Just no

What is it about the tune that makes it a classic?

Is it the ever so deep and meaningful quote, "The airplane flies across the sky, where it goes is in your mind."

Its produced well, but production value is so over rated compared to musicality. The drop is meh and the tune is nothing but standard fare.

I can see why people like it when out, but can't see why it should be a classic.

Like I said, its one of his worst more well known tunes, Druggy and Swamp Thing are much better.

Back
Top Bottom