DnB Modern - Ain't No way (demo) Feedback appreciated (dun has vocals)

The song is pretty damn good. See if you could get in contact with Mr. Fletch on the forum and ask him about surgical eq. The song is pretty good. Just a LITTLE mucky around the edges.

I get what you mean. Sounds a little muddy. Still working on it. Thanks for the feedback. I'm just youtubing surgical EQ'ing now. Do you do it on seperate mixers or can you do it on the final track through the master after the track is exported?

Because my computer is slow, so when I'm producing, I get about 2fps and my sound just lags like hell. So it's trouble for me to mix. I have to export the song after I get to a certain point, and listen outside of my DAW, lol.

Not exactly running a good audio set up either. My speakers are cheap, and my headset is a gaming headset. So, I'll try my best. Thanks, mate.

Nice tune mate, especially considering your set-up

I would suggest saving up for some pro monitoring headphones (and maybe some pro monitor speakers later) and your productions will improve a lot.

Keep up the good work :)

first of all. embed would have been nice!

liking the vocal so far. sampled?? build up sounds smooth, drop is what i expected, the delayed vocal works well, not too sure about the drums tho, could use some more work, esp the snare as mentioned.

good work so far tho! big ups.

Yeah, it's just a random acapella I found on Youtube, so I just added all this. I don't actually know what song it is, haha.

I'll definitely try to keep working on it, that's if my computer wants to be nice, haha.

Cheers, guys.

Because my computer is slow, so when I'm producing, I get about 2fps and my sound just lags like hell. So it's trouble for me to mix. I have to export the song after I get to a certain point, and listen outside of my DAW, lol.

I can sympathise with that dude, I have to do the same! My desktop is filled with loads of mixdown tests all the time haha, I discovered I am doing all my production with 800MB of ram! :lol:

Anyways, the tune sounds really good to me! A litte muddy mixdown wise I would agree but I think you just need to make sure each element is covering the right frequencies, so make sure you cut the low end from things like the pad and vocal so they don't clash with the bass :)

And I will add to the list of people, sort the snare out a bit :) Sounds awesome so far though buddy

I can sympathise with that dude, I have to do the same! My desktop is filled with loads of mixdown tests all the time haha, I discovered I am doing all my production with 800MB of ram! :lol:

Anyways, the tune sounds really good to me! A litte muddy mixdown wise I would agree but I think you just need to make sure each element is covering the right frequencies, so make sure you cut the low end from things like the pad and vocal so they don't clash with the bass :)

And I will add to the list of people, sort the snare out a bit :) Sounds awesome so far though buddy

Someone! Understands! Finally!

Haha. Thanks, mate. Yeah, I've got a fair bit of changes to make. Thanks for taking the time champ. Appreciate the advice.

Sound pretty cool to me, nice vibe good energy. You asked earlier about sergical EQing and whether you can simply EQ a finnished track; the simple answer is no the main purpose of 'sergical EQing' is to allow the various elements sit together without too many frequencies from different instruments overlapping each other and creating problems as phase cancellation and the like. As you have limited resources I think you need to convert synth phrases to audio loops and regularly flatten audio elemnts with large FX chains. Perhaps check this youtube channel out for tecnical info about surgical EQing: http://www.youtube.com/user/AscianUK

Back
Top Bottom