Modafinil - something different [drum 'n bass]

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by yoshikipz, Sep 29, 2010.

1. yoshikipz

yoshikipz New Member

Some random track I did and someone told me I should post here for feedback.

It's slightly unfinished, I wanted to get a second opinion before doing the nitty gritty bits. Personally I'm not quite sure about the strings, they seem a bit too dominant, but then again I want this track to have a bit of a cheesy feel.

Oh and someone said it sounded a lot like netsky...I hope this isn't true. I think one of the bass sounds I made sounds like his but that's about it.

http://soundcloud.com/modafinil/something-different

Thanks a lot guys!

2. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

luvly work! strings perhaps a tiny bit loud, i think probly over compensating for the midrange in the bass which is slightly too prominant, you should be able to drop both of those down a bit without loosing effect. its a beautiful track, makes we want to be sat on the beach in ibiza, could do with a bit more variation, and maybe some more subtle effects and automation to give it that extra sparkle, as the soundscape is pretty constant thru the track. damn good work anyways

3. djdevz

djdevz Member

sweet track...good job on the production man

miszt is right tho, a tad loud on the strings...but other than that id say u got a great liquid track here.

i really think some female vox would sound sick on this track...

4. yoshikipz

yoshikipz New Member

Thanks for the feedback guys, yeah I'll work on thinning the strings a bit, I also think it sounds a bit muddy and needs more 'clarity' per se.

devz - I'd LOVE to have female vox on the track but unfortunately I don't have a vocalist, it's tempting to get vocals from another song but I can't think of one that would fit well.

PS: love the song in your sig.

5. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

wicked sound going on here mate
    some elements need turning down a tad, the strigs in particular and maybe some work on the drums, kicks fine but the snare needs to come thru a bit more.

it does sound like netsky, this isn't a bad thing tho, weather you like him or not...hes a big producer! (i personally don't like his latest album but that probably beacuse im just trying t hold ono the unique sound of DnB that got me into the genre)

feedback on my new post would be appreciated.