mk2 1210 counterweight doesn't provide enough tracking force even on max

rewerx

Basically i have Stanton 500 v3 carts on technics headshells. On the deck with no problems there are no problems, i run the weight between 2.5g and 3.5g and the height between 2.5 and 4 depending and what i'm doing, sounds fine, no dramas. However the other turntable is another matter, I've had to actually put the counterweight on backwards to provide enough tracking force as well as bluetacking a 5p (3.25g + weight of bluetack) to the headshell, it also seems to be slightly pulling away from the centre of the platter, and the sound quality is definitely inferior to the other turntable, I originally though that this could be due to extra wear and tear due to my counter measures (styluses were replaced together) but now after swapping carts and testing I'm not so sure.

Any Thoughts?

Cheers

You haven't set up ur tone arm and anti skating correctly
Search you tube for how to do it, it's rather important!

When I first got mine there was an little extra weight screwed on to the end of the tonearm. I thought my decks were fucked until I realised you just need to take it off!

Ive definately set up the tonearm and antiskate correctly as my other turntable works perfectly and have watched the youtube vids before, in regard to the extra weight on the end of the tonearm, is it immediately obvious or is it inside the tube because I can see a screw on the underside of the rear of the tonearm that seems to release a piece of metal inside the tube at the end of the tonearm but is near impossible to access without removing the tonearm, but still the other turntable looks identical, has the same screw and works fine.

you can see where the extra weight is on the begining of this video

if you have got the extra weight on there, you will need to recalibrate everything again from scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom