Mixing...

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
i have noticed that some dj's have little white bits of paper on their vynle. does this mean you always know where the drop is or something?

might be something to do with what pitch it normally plays at... might be a cue point... might be a reference for scratching... could be loadsa tings man!

fair do's does it help when u mix then? worth doing?

it's more important for say turntablists such as people into the DMC style djing, as it is a graphic representation of where you need to be, saves fucking around!

or if you have loadsa vinyl but can't remember the exact song structure or average pitch then it can act as a reminder... i guess it comes down to how good your memory is!

personally i don't bother, i know all my tunes pretty well and my memory for dnb is good (everything else shit!)

Yeah its noramally so turntablists can find cue points/scratch easily, if done properly it can also loop a section of a song... The only reason you could really use it in dnb is if a song has a really long intro an you want to cut it down so you know where to cue from, or with tracks like Ebony Dubsters - Ra, so you can cut out the extra bars at the begining

Back
Top Bottom