Mixing without headphones

to elaborate i feel that djing is providing a performance to a crowd, or indeed yourself in your own room via any medium such as a controller or such.

mixing i view as more of a skill that requires time and patience to acquire.
you see where im going with this

to elaborate i feel that djing is providing a performance to a crowd, or indeed yourself in your own room via any medium such as a controller or such.

mixing i view as more of a skill that requires time and patience to acquire.
you see where im going with this

Yeah, i didnt mean to take your comment out of context lol.

Oh yeah, I never meant to imply that mixing tunes together with a bit of software was as skillful as doing it only with your ears!

Can anyone remember a video of one of the big trance guys mixing without earphones, well not quite mixing more clanging and cutting, it had loads of fireworks going of and he plays the skatman tune? Can't remember the buggers name?

u might mean steve angello, who prerecorded his mix so 'it could be syncd with the fireworks'.

mad that these guys charge fuck loads for a ticket just for the audience to listen to a mix cd with lasers and fireworks goin on.

u might mean steve angello, who prerecorded his mix so 'it could be syncd with the fireworks'.

mad that these guys charge fuck loads for a ticket just for the audience to listen to a mix cd with lasers and fireworks goin on.

Haha, dont make me dig up the videos of danny dyer playing prerecorded house mixes.

Was a separate event, and i think it was just the last 10 mins that he pre recorded.

I agree, the only thing that pisses me off about people who sit there with a laptop and a mouse using virtual dj is when they big themselves up and think theyre actually doing something amazing. Was chatting to jwood on fbook and he put it in the best words ive heard yet "dj'ing and mixing are 2 completly different things".

...yes, like DJ Armed.

Haha, dont make me dig up the videos of danny dyer playing prerecorded house mixes.

i wanna see this, i'll trade you for videos of 'Jay, from The Inbetweener's' doing a dj set which consists of him standing in a booth whilst someone else mixes for him and every now and then he plays an indie tune...

Thats what HE claims. lol

...yeah in fact he actually pre-recorded his whole set, so that the crowd's dancing was synchronised perfectly with the music...

...yes, like DJ Armed.

i wanna see this, i'll trade you for videos of 'Jay, from The Inbetweener's' doing a dj set which consists of him standing in a booth whilst someone else mixes for him and every now and then he plays an indie tune...

...yeah in fact he actually pre-recorded his whole set, so that the crowd's dancing was synchronised perfectly with the music...

pwopa nawty set boss!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom