Mixing with a mc

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Dustek, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Is it me or is it easier to mix with a mc?

You can count on him to chat away while the breakdown plays or in between outros and intros... The beatmatch doesn't become so important. And he can drown out a clash...

2. k-tipper

k-tipper I've been naughty, I'm banned

well done dustek, mcs are a vital part to the music, all this anti mc is bullshit, i like having an mc when i mix livens the situation up seeen

3. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

drown out a clash? lol well, i guess

I'm not anti-mc, even if I cant stand MCing I do appriciate it, although I'd slap any mofo that tried to MC over any of my sets! :p that aside, I actually do find it allot harder to mix with an MC, espcially if they havent got the best rythm, DnB/any electronic dance musik is highly quantised, and although the breaks in DnB allow for some error in beat match, still...

I really like choons that have MC's recorded into them, probly coz of the amount of time that has been spent 'stiching it' all together

I personally dont think a good DnB set needs any livening up, I'm a muzikal purist, this applies to all my tastes, I just dont like vocals, nothing in particular against MC's, although I do find them a bit more offencive than say a singer

my 2pence :D

4. Bad Ace

Bad Ace Close2Death

im no way anti mc,to b honest i dont even hear the mc when im playin out.if the mc works with the dj the set is betta 4 the both of us.

5. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

its all bout gettin in the zone bad ace :2thumbs:
    MCs and Dj's need to work together. Like when a good MC knows when to shut up so the DJ can perfect the mix.

6. mesh

mesh Active Member

first time I was mixing and a decent MC came on it was a nice little rush. I'd been building through a couple of tunes, and this dude picked just the right spot to drop in and chat. He wasnt brilliant but he was quick and I did enjoy the rest of that set a lot. Crowd responds to an MC more when they havent been deluged with em all night I feel.

7. motivation

motivation Member

The standard of MC's is rising all the time, its all about the new era of up and coming mc's that are working with the dj and having a positive and professional approach to the music.

8. kubakubaq

kubakubaq Member

in my opinion mc is essential on dnbpartys but he or she must have skills, not just "singin" somtin like: dididibibibdibdidbid bassss bididbidbdiibd drum. good mc has his/her well know texts but also is able to sing somethin on "free". unfortunately lot of mcs doesn't realize that they spoil briliant sets. i am talkin about my country now(Poland) peace