Mixing two tracks by the same artitst...

Danny_Intro

VIP Junglist
Noticed more and more recentley people mixing tracks by the same artist..
its not something i would do myself as id find another track just as interesting to mix

Just wondered what peoples views are on this?

yeah, comepletely doesn't matter if they're good quality tunes... can sound awful if you're doing it with jump up though imo. especially when certain artists just seem to copy and paste drums these days! the phasing is awful

don't think it matters tbh

if your playing live most of the crowd won't know, and the few that do aren't going to be bothered about this taboo

if it's a studio mix with tracklist, it's more noticeable, but again, only dnb purists are going to even bat an eyelid

there's no way I would mix two tracks by the same artist if recording a mix.... I probably wouldn't anywhere else, but if it'sa really good mix then it don't matter, I'd look for alternatives tho

Im quite specific myself about this subject, Personally I kinda feel its cheating but this is just my own personal view, I much prefer to mix tunes up more and play stuff which really shouldnt work when you think about it but then put it into practise and it really works, however in saying this sometimes you can come up with some incredible mixes, I remember year ago when Pendulum hadn't been around long I used to love doubling up their tunes, Best ones were Vault & Back 2 U, Vault & Another Planet and best of all Vault with Tonight (Pendulum Remix) In these instances as much as looking at it now this is anthem bashing to the max but the similarities in Pendulum's arrangement means that tunes compliment each other so well not to mention the fact Pendulum's mix downs are so perfect even with 2 tunes it still sounds crisp, Another one Im guilty of is teasing X Ray intro over Join The Dots intro.

you can if u want but i dont find it very interesting to listen to. variation makes a mix interesting

Can be a bit uninspired as some producers tracks all sound so similar... doubling up that sound doesn't add much to the progression of the mix. There are exceptions but I try not to do it too often as it feels lazy.

Can be a bit uninspired as some producers tracks all sound so similar... doubling up that sound doesn't add much to the progression of the mix. There are exceptions but I try not to do it too often as it feels lazy.

This exactly.

I personally try to avoid it as I feel it lacks creativity. Only a personal thing though, I wouldn't look down on someone who did it.

With the amount of decent tunes released every week its just plain lazy and uncreative IMO.

Back
Top Bottom