Mixing two tracks by the same artitst...

It really depends what artist, i Have a habit of mixing Camo & Krooked tracks together, but they tend to make every track so different it doesnt matter. Whereas if you have two tracks with a very similar sound, then I feel its a little boring

i have a personal gripe about this, i just cant do it. seems cheating a bit. i even get funny mixing the same artist out/into a tune eg- break tune, noisia tune, then another break tune. as prospekt said it just seems a bit uninspired

if they go together, they go together.

100% this, I understand the whole "uninspired" aspect, but really & truly nobodys mxing records by the same artist for ease or because they think its gonna be a shit mix, no DJ sets out to do that...

You could argue that this is a sign of an inferior DJ, but again, that would just be opinion.

Its a perfect example of watching next man, when you should be watching yourself.

pointless thread tbh, theres wicked minimix's artist showcases where its all tunes from 1 artist... and if u say "yer but they made um theyre allowed" every time u buy a vinyl u buy the right the mix it with what you want, no? lol as has been said many times, if it sounds good it sounds good

minimix's are done to showcase an artists forthcoming music, there's no way you can compare it.
In general it's nothing you should be ashamed it's just much easier as same artists mostly work with same bpm's so it's just easier to mix thats all. As someone already said; If it fits, it fits. There are loads of All "Artist" mixes and most of them are as good as any other mixes but yeah clearly depends on the artist music and the dj who is mixing it.

minimix's are done to showcase an artists forthcoming music, there's no way you can compare it.
In general it's nothing you should be ashamed it's just much easier as same artists mostly work with same bpm's so it's just easier to mix thats all. As someone already said; If it fits, it fits. There are loads of All "Artist" mixes and most of them are as good as any other mixes but yeah clearly depends on the artist music and the dj who is mixing it.

yer its worded wrong i didnt mean just minimixes, i just mean artist mixes in general

Cue this turning into a Jump Up slating thread.

But yeah anyways as people have if they sound good together, they sound good together. It's easy to mix them too as artists tend to make all their tunes at the same sort of (if not exactly the same) bpm. All you pretty much have to do is cue it up and EQ.

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

Its a perfect example of watching next man, when you should be watching yourself.

True that. Best quote I've heard in a while, big ups.

Whats worst is when you have a 12 with two different artists on it and you think both tunes would mix really well but you can never do it !

Whats worst is when you have a 12 with two different artists on it and you think both tunes would mix really well but you can never do it !

Then buy 2 copies you cheap skate! :D

I do love lazy mixing an EP, instead of digging for more tunes just flip em straight over

i generally seem to try nd not mix two tunes by the same artist unless i think...that could go down quite well, dno why just naturally seem to avoid duin it..although like Olllie said i always lazy mix an ep lol. not a pointless thread atall quite interestin to see how pple arange ther sets etc. wouldnt have a problem with duin it live or anything, jus seem not to.

Back
Top Bottom