Mixing tracks whats your drop point of preference?

Nadik

Dj in the making
Wat up yall this is Nadik from Cali asking for your mixing point of choice whether its double dropping, breakdown blends, quick cut at the drop, or 16bars after the drop .

well I prefer to do my mix from the breakdown and lead it into a nice double drop heavy drums is always my main goal

get at me , respect~

A bit ov everything man, long mixes, short mixes, double drops etc..
Its best to keep stuff varied throughout a mix i rekon and it also depends a lot on what tunes your mixing.

well tell ya the truth , I see a lot of cats just double dropping and that shit gets old , you have these Djs playing that Jumpup(garbage) and that all they can really do due to the composition of jump up , you can't really let a jumpup song play out because thats what happens the song gets played out , but thats for the info good to hear from other peps that mix

I try to mix it up as much as possible man.
Sometimes a double drop, sometimes a long rolling mix and sometimes a quick sharp cut.
I think a lot of it depends on the tunes though.

well tell ya the truth , I see a lot of cats just double dropping and that shit gets old , you have these Djs playing that Jumpup(garbage) and that all they can really do due to the composition of jump up , you can't really let a jumpup song play out because thats what happens the song gets played out , but thats for the info good to hear from other peps that mix

Theres this cunt dj who cant dj for shit and manages to play around all the local bars some how, when he plays jump up every song lasts at least 4 minutes then cues up another just as the song finished.

He played the full duration of MACHETE! arrgghhh!! lol

Theres this cunt dj who cant dj for shit and manages to play around all the local bars some how, when he plays jump up every song lasts at least 4 minutes then cues up another just as the song finished.

He played the full duration of MACHETE! arrgghhh!! lol

He sounds like a fuckin nob! i Hate those djs that get payed like £150 to do fuck all and people love it! involves no skill and gets lots of respect, does my head in!

Grrr to this!

But yeh mix it up as much as possible, i know a kid who only does doble drops, doesnt know how to anything else, plays the same jump shit all the time and has no clue about other sub genres.

Its good to mix it up a bit, I have to say I love double droppin tunes, but sometimes theres nothin better than a nice blend... Or surpising the crowd with a cut out of nowhere.

He sounds like a fuckin nob! i Hate those djs that get payed like £150 to do fuck all and people love it! involves no skill and gets lots of respect, does my head in!

Haha mate you have no idea, I used to do a little mobile disco business with a mate, that was a nice little earner. 250 quid for 6 hours playing ABBA and 'Build me up buttercup' :D

It depends what style the tunes are as to how they get mixed really, big tunes get double dropped, rollers get slipped in on the sly, wob wobbble gets slammed after 64 bars etc etc...

always something different , some tunes just sound like shit together when I mix them after the drop , then I prefer to do a little breakdown blending..

Haha mate you have no idea, I used to do a little mobile disco business with a mate, that was a nice little earner. 250 quid for 6 hours playing ABBA and 'Build me up buttercup' :D

It depends what style the tunes are as to how they get mixed really, big tunes get double dropped, rollers get slipped in on the sly, wob wobbble gets slammed after 64 bars etc etc...

Sorry but i live in Bournemouth and know too many untalented cunts that think they are amazing cos they play cheese, get loadsa attention and get paid.

I work fuckin hard perfecting my mixing and i hate these fuckers being all smug and shit, sayin crap like"you'll make it one day"...when they cant mix for shit!

they have no clue about blending, beatmatchin, eqing and so forth (Im only takin about ppl in know btw) and it fucks me off.

It's true... they haven't really made it though, they're just trying to make themselves feel better by being a cock to you.

Why not give the bar owner a CD of yours, tell him your fee is lower and undercut the smug cunts!

I got a mate who I taught to beatmatch, he now plays in the local cheese club and earns good money doing it too, but he can and does mix at least, even if it is bare gash R&B tunage.

A bit of everything. You would never hear a dj say, 'yeah I'm a 32 bars and switch DJ, but tonight im b2bing with a double dropper.'

Programming your mixes homie. Know what wax you got and what sounds good together. Double dropping some tracks and blending others that's what I do, cuz I cant double drop every single mix and make it sound proper. I dunno i'm not a pro :wave:

Depends on the tunes completely. I personally like to put a bit of every sub-genre in my mixes cause I think if you just stick to one sub-genre the whole way through it can sound boring especially with jump up the way it is these days. That's why I like friction and andy c so much cause they use a bit of everything and it sounds so good cause you don't really know what they gonna play next or do little teases and that's what it's all about. When it comes to mixing it completely depends on what kind of tune it is, don't get me wrong double drops can sound mint but they shouldn't be overused imo, I like a good switch tbh and blending tunes can sound amazing aswell.

Yea i feel what you're saying , usually I liked to warm up with some up beat , soul funk / liquid ( whatever its called nowadays) and transition to the heavy tunes, drum heavy from the qurantine camp/symmetry ( heavily inspired by the mighty break) and stuff in that sub-genre, where nice blends rip dancefloors to shreds

Back
Top Bottom