Mixing software

savoirfaire

VIP Junglist
Hey guys,
ive wanted some decks for a while now, but decided vinyl decks too expensive/cant afford that much vinyl etc so i gonna get some cd decks for uni.

Im wondering if the mixing software available requires you to have physical decks/mixer? id like to just at least get into mixing even if it means using a monitor interface lol.

If so whats the best software? Ive heard about virtual dj, mixmeister tractor etc

safe

Hey guys,
ive wanted some decks for a while now, but decided vinyl decks too expensive/cant afford that much vinyl etc so i gonna get some cd decks for uni.

Im wondering if the mixing software available requires you to have physical decks/mixer? id like to just at least get into mixing even if it means using a monitor interface lol.

If so whats the best software? Ive heard about virtual dj, mixmeister tractor etc

safe
i used to use decks but i have got in to tractor pro it is the best thing i have ever done,all i use is a laptop and a middy controller and a usb sound card and the best thing is you can still use cdj,decks on time code so you have all your tunes on tractor and you pass the cdj or your decks through the sound card and you can mix just like usual but your are controlling the software,as for vdj it is crap i used it for a bit but then i tried tractor pro and that thing is stable as mate so go for that it will cost you 158 for tractor pro and if you just want a lap top set up,a good middy controller will cost 250-300

i used to use decks but i have got in to tractor pro it is the best thing i have ever done,all i use is a laptop and a middy controller and a usb sound card and the best thing is you can still use cdj,decks on time code so you have all your tunes on tractor and you pass the cdj or your decks through the sound card and you can mix just like usual but your are controlling the software,as for vdj it is crap i used it for a bit but then i tried tractor pro and that thing is stable as mate so go for that it will cost you 158 for tractor pro and if you just want a lap top set up,a good middy controller will cost 250-300
vdj you can just use the software but you still will need a usp sound card to cue your next track,tractor pro you will need a middy controller or decks or cdj

http://www.djtechtools.com/
http://www.virtualdj.com/djs/index.html
http://www.native-instruments.com/newreleases/en/products/dj/traktor-pro/#/en/products/dj/traktor-pro/

Last edited:
buy 2 cheap turntables and a small box of vinyl

u'll be better in the long run and shopping on a budget means you are so much more picky with your tunes, really makes you appreciate what's good and what's not

jus my opinion tho

Thx for feedback lads

Personally i think ill stick to CDJ's still dont want to splash on vinyl lol:)

In peoples opinion what best cheap but still v good pair of cd decks/mixer available? i want good ones that are cheap but still good, bear in mind this is hobby i not trying to go pro or anything lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom