Mixing separate genres

i mixed some verses from C.R.E.A.M. by Wu-tang with dnb today, you can have some well good fun with it.
my flat mate mixed missy elliot - get your freak on with sound clash - bang bang aswell, sounded sik!

yeah i was fucking around with dub FX and drum and bass - love someone is around 80bpm so

It's different time signatures thats the hard one, even if its the same bpm. Try mixing some Venetian Snares into your dnb and see what happens :P (It can be mixed properly albiet quickly with some counting and clever timing)

What i'm finding is the most reasonable seperate genre's to mix together are dubstep and electro, simply because they are both around the 130 - 140bpm range

yeah u can go from dubstep to breakbeat - i sometimes do spliff dub (zomby remix) into When I was A Yout

house or more so electrois easier to mix with dubstep becuse its a similar tempo electro or dubstep into Dnb has more to do with timeing and tune selectionfor example, a DnB tune that breaks down into pretty much nothing (one of prilox new tunes on th promo EP dose) the let your dubstep track spin, say when i look at you - Emalkay. its just a case of blening the compleatly instrumental bits (asin no beat)

Back
Top Bottom