Mixing Screamer VIP

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
Anyone else find it a tricky one to mix? Any tips?

Maybe it's just cause it sounds so shit and distorted through my numark headphones.

yeah, basicaly that i'd say.
found it a little tricky at first, but after a couple of attemps it made sense.
normally just mix it to the break and then tease something in over the middle bit, ya na.

or jus "break" one deck and fade it in, then u've got enough time to double drop atunein at the begining or u cold jus skip to the drums as jay said
really not that hard

Agreed Politrix, its a cunt to double drop coz the drop is an awkward number of bars in from the beginning...I think 70 or something

Off the point a little bit but...... Machete is a fukin shit tune to mix aswell..... really badly mixed down!! the frequencies are sooo busy any other tune mixed into it makes it sound really weird!

agreed mr. steady, for sure.
it's one of those tunes (if) i play it (which is rarely) i'll just cut it at the drop. sounds wank mixed in with anything else.
funnily enough, the only 2 people i've heard mix it in well, are andy c and friction. and that says it all.

The cue point for screamer VIP is 16 bars from the start of the tune. That allows you 48 bars til the drop.

Screamer can sound wicked in the mix with the right tunes.

It has a nice 16 bar breakdown before the main drop with a high hat to follow to keep the mix tight

The reason your mixes are sounding pony is probably because the tunes you are mixing it with are in a totally different key (musically).

I take it you are rolling off the low end of the tune you are mixing it into - sometimes you need to roll off a bit of tops aswell as you are only left with the higher frequencies in the mix.

Try it.

Try double drop Screamer vip with "Now's The Time" - both tunes use the same drum patterns so u can just alternate between the basslines, sounds ruff as fuck!!!

agreed mr. steady, for sure.
it's one of those tunes (if) i play it (which is rarely) i'll just cut it at the drop. sounds wank mixed in with anything else.
funnily enough, the only 2 people i've heard mix it in well, are andy c and friction. and that says it all.

Andy's been doing a 3 deck mix for his intro outro recently...Starts with Neo Vip then Dreadlocked comes in before the drop then cuts to Machete. Sounds dirt. Only time I've heard someone mix Machete well.

Andy's been doing a 3 deck mix for his intro outro recently...Starts with Neo Vip then Dreadlocked comes in before the drop then cuts to Machete. Sounds dirt. Only time I've heard someone mix Machete well.

yeah ive seen him do it on 3 different occasions now. absolutely huge mix though, i agree thats the best mix of machete ive heard

the screamer vip comes lovely after spinor - savage!
you have to make make sure that when the voice starts to say DDDDjaaay... that you double drop that with the beat that comes after the middle "quiet" part of the song savage

Back
Top Bottom