Mixing on belt drives

dnbkingz

bollocks
VIP Junglist
Tips in this thread please.

And before any single one of you fuckers says it.

Yes, i know..

1210's for 2011 dun kno.

Anyway.

Share your advice (apart from the sarky 1210 ones please)

Trying to get a thread going for anyone else in the same boat.

Peace. :)

Maybe try not to touch the platter at all... once you've cued it in learn to mix just using the pitch control.

find out the average hooker cost in your area, then whore yourself for half that. depending on your dedication, you will be able to afford 1210s within a month the most. (y)

also, what ollie said. plus, dont knock of a pair of vestax pdx2000. they can go really cheap used, but are almost as solid as technics.

Maybe try not to touch the platter at all... once you've cued it in learn to mix just using the pitch control.

Top advice, for delt drives or directs.

A lot of belt drives have wobbly platters which make them prone to skip when you touch them. When you cue the record up, try to hold the vinyl by the edge instead of the top. I can't explain it very well but check out the oldskool scratch DJs who scratch like this. Cutmaster Swift springs to mind.

Nah i don't touch the platter at all.
Learnt that within the first week of getting the fuckers :D

It just ravages my soul when i've got something lined up perfectly and then they decide to go off on a jolly and completely un lock :'(

find out the average hooker cost in your area, then whore yourself for half that. depending on your dedication, you will be able to afford 1210s within a month the most. (y)

also, what ollie said. plus, dont knock of a pair of vestax pdx2000. they can go really cheap used, but are almost as solid as technics.

Sound advice

It just ravages my soul when i've got something lined up perfectly and then they decide to go off on a jolly and completely un lock :'(

1252274980358f.jpg

i mix on belt drives n i think there fine u just gotta be really soft with em. ive found its helped learning to mix on belt drives to be honest. i have a freind who bought a pair of cdj1000's as his first set of decks sit him in front of a vinyl setup n he's fucked lol

Anyways the main thing with belt drives is make sure they are as flat as possible, get a spirt level out and spend a good half hour getting them right. I don't know anyone who does this and to be honest if people had a fucking brain they would! Also like said don't touch the platter and get on the pitch ride hard ;)

Back
Top Bottom