mixing live and noticing drum beat differences

omowglio

alryte im matt and this is my 1st thread, ive been mixing for nearly a yearand my beat matching is nearly fine. but i got a question on how to make it easier.

with drum n bass, some drum beats that are really similar when you mix them together how do you clearly distinguish between the two in the headphones and monitors is it an eq thing? or just personal preference. they seem to clash or one seems more weak than the other but if i turn the gain up it then make the volume to loud of that song and drowning the other out.

any help much appreciated

!!!!!!vinyl all the way!!!!!! (and maybe 1 cd deck)

alryte im matt and this is my 1st thread, ive been mixing for nearly a yearand my beat matching is nearly fine. but i got a question on how to make it easier.

with drum n bass, some drum beats that are really similar when you mix them together how do you clearly distinguish between the two in the headphones and monitors is it an eq thing? or just personal preference. they seem to clash or one seems more weak than the other but if i turn the gain up it then make the volume to loud of that song and drowning the other out.

any help much appreciated

!!!!!!vinyl all the way!!!!!! (and maybe 1 cd deck)

How do you distinguish??

well.... just listen to the track thats coming through your headphones mate, if its out of time then theres your problem.
To be honest im not really sure what your trying to ask?

With regards to one track being weaker than the other.... that will 9 times out of 10 be the case with the tune your bringing in, the better way to actually see if the tunes are at different levels is just to simply look at the level meter....

dunno mate, your ears adjust..i learnt to mix about 15 years ago using a shitty ass DMC5 mixer that had no pan in teh headphones at all, so you couldnt listen to the mix whilst cueing...recommend that fella...once youve licked that anything else is a luxury and consequently easy :)

Back
Top Bottom