Mixing hip-hop and dnb...

Bluenotes

Hi all, first time poster, long time viewer...

I am a big fan of hip-hop and dnb, do any of you flirt with mixing one over the other.

I am getting my hands on Further Adventures of Lord Quas tomorrow and it should be fun to mix some of that with some dnb, any recommendations of tracks to mix it with? My vinyl collection is quite varied.

Yea I am more thinking of mixing the two, not producing (remixing).

Cheers though man, I'll give him a listen.

Yea I am more thinking of mixing the two, not producing (remixing).

Cheers though man, I'll give him a listen.

No problem man. Yeah DJ Craze is known for his love of hip-hop and dnb and he's out of Miami, which is south of where I live here in Florida, so he's reppin' my state, heh. I'm sure it wouldn't be unlike mixin' dubstep with dnb which goes on alot more lately. post of the mix and tracklist whenever ya get a mix sorted and recorded bro, i'd like to check it for sure. pz & respect

hip hop is roughly half of dnb's tempo a lot of the time.
dubstep is not so dubstep is harder.

a lot of people think halfbeat drum and bass is dubstep when it aint.

its all in the tracks you choose man.

I had a buddy that did this in every set, he would usually play old public enemy or NWA.

The rougher older grittier hip hop works best, but try everything so you know for yourself

Go about 4 posts down in this link:

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?p=531004&highlight=Craze#post531004

Grab the DJ Craze: Live In Puerto Rico mix...he starts out with hip-hop and works into dnb/jungle...love the CD..if that's what you mean about incorporating hip-hop into dnb mixes, theres the DJ to check out if ya haven't that is.

sound quality on this for me is realy bad, the balance isnt right either and i cant fix it :( its all in the right ear and realy gives me a headache.... i put up with it last night and its good i just cant stand to listen again lol

First off its all about the sound and style of the hip hop your tryn to mixx in..It has too flow with the bassline, you cant just put a nwa song over a makoto track..thats just ridiculous, prob someones doin it tho..
but in my opinion for example mos def-common-emanon track and a marky, alix perez and or mutt track would flow very nicely..
Depends on what type of HipHop your thinkn of..because like Dnb, the sub genres are gettn wider and wider...
Hard Hip hop should go with a heavier bassline of Dnb.
Soulfull is the best..no doubt!!!

ant it real hard to mix dnb and hip hop as the bpm are very diffrent beat matching and all
i dont know cus i dont like hip hop so i would never mix hip hop and dnb

ant it real hard to mix dnb and hip hop as the bpm are very diffrent beat matching and all
i dont know cus i dont like hip hop so i would never mix hip hop and dnb

DnB = roughly 174 bpm

174 / 2 = 87

A lot of Hip Hop = around 87 bpm

:)

Back
Top Bottom