Mixing Dubstep

djmotiondnb

AKA Tactician
VIP Junglist
Possibly got a few nights coming up where i'll have to play dubstep..

Don't tend to mix it too much would rather concentrate on dnb but hey ho..

So any tips on putting down a good mix? Any suggestions on how to make my mix stand out from the others? do people tease in dubstep? double drop?

Could also post links to dubstep sets that have stood out for you in the past?

Any help would be appreciated :)

personally i would carry my dnb style of mixing over to another genre... that way you will stand out because you'll be coming at it from a different approach. In my experience, dubstep aint double dropped enough, think there is loads of potential in this!

Mix it the same way you would mix dnb. If done properly double dropping sounds crazy as fuck. Another think you can do (especially with excision/datsik style robostep tunes) is cut from one track to the other on the bar, the bass sounds are so similar/recycled people think you are playing some sort of VIP. I also suggest putting some subby rollers in there so that people can get a rest every now and again.

personally i would carry my dnb style of mixing over to another genre... that way you will stand out because you'll be coming at it from a different approach. In my experience, dubstep aint double dropped enough, think there is loads of potential in this!

^^^^^ too true, just mix it as if u were mixin dnb!! doubledrop when u want! just make sure u know your tunes as u would with dnb!!!

Back
Top Bottom