mixing dubstep into dnb sets?

rhino2106

heard people drop the odd dubstep tune into dnb sets, usually the same old switch at the 'where's my money' sample.
just been fuckin about, thought i'd try goin from cockney thug (rusko) into the slow part of chainsaw (fresh) and it works ok. nothing spectacular, but i thought it just adds a bit more flow to the mix rather than simplly switching.
forgive me if people have much better techniques etc, i'm only a beginner!

anyone else got ways they go about goin from dnb to dubstep and v.v ?

Yeah man I've used the same technique a few times, also theres a VIP of the nine floating about with a dubstep breakdown... Also try switching dubstep remixes of dnb tracks an vice versa

Just don't like Dubstep (4 ME)
I LIKE DRUM AND BASS - Weren't really on bowt crowd was on bowt Mixing In General.
Each 2 his own
All ever heard is the Caspa Remix or Chase n Status, YAWN YAWN YAWN
:rinsed:

Last edited:
I've seen people drop down Disco Dodo to 33rpm and mix dubstep into that, actually sounded alright to be fair.

Yeah was a bit of a head scratcher. Everyone turned around as if to say, "what the fuck is he doing?"

I thought about this other day after hearing Shy FX set he drops few dubstep tunes. Beats confuss me with dubstep seems all over place. Bit off topic but has that Rusko - Cockney Thug been realsed on vinyl? I can't seem to find it. Cheers

i luv my drum n bass but the best part of innovation in the sun 08 was the beggining of shy fx set he dropped about 5 dubstep remixes of tunes like the wheres my money one. evry1 was skankin out mate i like it its sumthin differnet specially wen u jus dun a line of ketamin n sum grimey dubstep gets dropped it wicked!

Just don't like Dubstep (4 ME)
I LIKE DRUM AND BASS - Weren't really on bowt crowd was on bowt Mixing In General.
Each 2 his own
All ever heard is the Caspa Remix or Chase n Status, YAWN YAWN YAWN
:rinsed:

If all you've ever heard is these 2, how can you say you don't like it? I drop dub almost every set lately and it makes everyone shit their pants. Ashley, check out the filthy digital label. Here's a 2 you might like....

Downlink- 6 Million Wayz
Zeno- Blazin

ps- I was talking to MC Insight (Terravita) and he said dubstep is where a drum n bass dj goes to die. But that was coming from the man who's also in Hot Pink Delorean lol. So I totally agree to each his own. Maybe someday you'll catch the virus.

dubstep and drum & bass are perfect together.
havin them both at a night is great.

Perfect 2gether ? (YEAH 4 RAVE or CLUB MASSES)

Mixwise
I challenge whoever 2 mix a set that aint pre-planned of consistent dubstep into dnb tune 4 tune?
At end of day totally different speeds.

Might B able 2 get a few crossovers in but, come on man ???

P.S - Name is Ash not ASHLEY man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom