Mixing DnB to Techno

nscotto

Hello,

anyone have ever mixed dnb to techno?
I already know about the echo out of drum and bass and then techno, but do you have any good tips & tricks?
Maybe it's easier with halfstep (85bpm)...

It's better if compatibatible with CDJs because I don't mix on softwares... But I'm still curious though :D
Cheers

Last edited:
if you have techno thats similar bpm then there shouldnt be too much problem.
assuming the techno would be 4x4 beat, id keep the bass low so the 4x4 punches dont overpower the kick and snare of the dnb tune, then find a good place to switch out the dnb track and un-kill the techno eq.

There's a big gap in the bpm, from dnb at around 170 to techno at around 130. Techno around 170 is more hardtechno :teeth: than techno.

There are also some dnb tracks which change in bpm (to around 125-140), so if you know about these tunes, you can do a cheeky transfer from dnb to techno/ garage/ ..

Sorry, I wasn't clear and my english isn't that good... :oops:
I meant the kind of transition when you put post-fader echo on a track just before cutting it, then you play something else, not that smooth but it can works.

I am happy, I have found a track to make the transition! It's the remix by Sam Binga of the track Slinky made by Ivy Lab, the track is quite atmospheric and experimental, and it doesn't have tempo variation, but I can lower it's bpm for a deep and atmospheric transition.
You can hear in a mix I made recently where I mix house to dnb to techno , I've written the time of the transitions on mixcloud so you don't have to listen everything ;), but if you do, don't forget to like if that's the case :)

@prettyherb if you know some of these track, it could be the place to share them. The only dnb tracks I know who change bpm sounds more electro, sometimes cheesy. Like Tyke - Lose Control, or those on this page https://www.reddit.com/r/DJs/comments/26836g/anyone_got_any_songs_that_have_a_tempo_change/

Last edited:
In theory you can do a 1.5 times switch or 2/3rds switch, you get some cool cross rhythms that way but doing it by ear is tricky stuff.

Loop a three beat section of the dnb then match the techno to that.

Back
Top Bottom