Mixing: any advice for a beginner?

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by JSDNB, Feb 6, 2011.

1. JSDNB

JSDNB Member

Hi there! ...Managed to buy an entry level consolle (2Pioneer200 + BehringerDX626) and I started mixing dnb: beatmatching is not a problem, I feel fine. Thing is I don't feel like I'm managing transition from the first track to the second one properly.

I'm stuck: I only build up my mixes using drops to let the following track come in...Which is good sometimes, but lowers the hype to the ground every 2minutes, which is annoying to me.

Plus... I feel uncertain about combinations between tracks when I'm not using drops to let another track come in...I think I've got some difficulties "introducing the new sound". I started recording myself so that I listen the whole thing later...

Any advice? Any helpful mixer-trick? I've read all stickies but didn't find very much on this.
    Edit: I've read also this thread and I usually mix tracks within a +/-10 pitch range. :)

Thank you very much guys!
    Jack

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  2. Apeh

Apeh Member

Sounds like you need work on your EQing mate.

Get the book "How to DJ Properly"

I bought this and it was my bible for 8 months solid, still read it everytime I goto the office (shitter).

Helped me a lot though!

3. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Use the search.. Millions of topics on this (y)

4. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Hmmmmm. Why dont you just keep the tunes in? If they're regular you'll start double dropping...

5. charlie131

charlie131 Well-Known Member

If you record what you think is the problem and let ppl hear on here then you should get the answer your looking for... To many good dj's on here not to know the problem

6. Minty Rust

Minty Rust Member

As Apeh said, use your EQs in any way.
    If it doesnt sound right, do the transition as many times as you want until it sounds better.