Mixin in DAWs

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by spung3, Oct 2, 2010.

1. spung3

spung3 Member

So basically I have no decks or real live mixing ability. But I like to make myself mixes in cubase for casual listening without MCs over the top. I was thinkin about sharin a mix or two in the mixes forum but I'm thinkin people will just hate on my method.

What are your thoughts should I just keep em to myself?

2. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

as long as you've bought the tunes legally, no one will mind, and hopefully it will convert you to the real thing,

only people that get slagged off and people posting a mix of youtube rips and dodgy mp3s

3. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

give ableton a try, can be more creative, and it still has the sequencer view so you can get started quickly from cubase, but move onto clips asap, lots of fun, and you can experiment and fuk abut with things allot more

4. fevezz

fevezz nom nom nom nom!

^^ yeah, you could try that path, using ableton and a controller or two. in that case REALLY try and get creative, it'll be awesome and quite rewarding if you've got the patience.

5. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Not done this yet but just make sure you keep it clean and EQ stuff properly, it can sound terribly shit if done wrong! Get some 3 deck style blends happening, make it full of tunes if and promote the fact the it was done on a DAW

6. spung3

spung3 Member

Think I'm gonna spend a week or two on an epic 2 hour mix that travels many sub genre.

7. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Do it! I'll listen ;)