Mixers that cut...

fevezz

nom nom nom nom!
but don't break the bank?

i'm looking for something that's got long xfader life and sharp/steep cut setting, but not too expensive. $200 max O_O

call me broke, but if people could throw out names of models around there, or a lil over that i could find used maybe.

doesn't have to have fx, blah, blah

I've got a Numark X6 that does the job nicely, although I'd definitely recommend getting one with more channels. I regret not bothering to get a 4 channel mixer because I now want a couple of CDJs!

personally i hardly use the x fader. you get more control with the channel faders
it serves purposes for scratching and cutting and what not but for general mixing, i don't use it.

numarks, dunno what they are like these days but ive had 3 cheap numark mixers years ago and the faders on them have not lasted 5 mins. might be something to bear in mind, or check some reviews of them before splashing out.

i would see if you can stretch to buy a pioneer djm 400 on ebay. or perhaps a vestax pmc05
just my opinion but probably a better build quality than the numarks, even if they are 2nd hand.

^^its cuz i started scratching. not seriously, but i started using my gemini mixer to do so and i killed the xfader in a short while (not to mention the fact that gemini products are not made very well).

yea, u really need a better quality mixer then, or at least one that has a cheap replaceable x fader

I may be mistaken, but I believe you can use 2 cdjs and two decks on 2 channel mixer, plug the decks to the phono, and cdjs to line, and switch between the two, but you can't use 3 decks,,

a reply to dj noz a few posts up , forgot to quote

Last edited:
I may be mistaken, but I believe you can use 2 cdjs and two decks on 2 channel mixer, plug the decks to the phono, and cdjs to line, and switch between the two, but you can't use 3 decks,,

a reply to dj noz a few posts up , forgot to quote

Yeah you can, but I'd rather not have to switch them over all the time. I'm gonna get just one CDJ to start with and I'd have to think about which channel I was using all the time. 4 Channels is the way.

Back
Top Bottom