Mixer VS Mixer

DJ911

Ereshkegal
I was looking at the Stanton SMX-501 and it's got some nice features for a 3 channel/battle mixer combo. Not too many of the more expensive mixers offer the kind of crossfader curves or if they do they don't have the 3rd channel. I'm thinking about getting one. Anyone using one? or what are you using? I'm not trying to get a Xone mixer because I'm not to impressed with their crossfade features and then the prices are up there...The Vestax O7 doesn't have effect return or send so that one is out.....Pioneer DJM's aren't good scratch mixers really....I don't think the Rane Empath has crossfade reverse and I'd like to have that.....Anyway that is some of my input.......let me know what's up on any opinions.......

Pioneer DJM 600 curves are good enough to crab with

Maybe try the allen &heath xone:02 (their scratch mixer) it has an FX loop and pretty good curve on teh crossfader (try it out first tho i've not heard all that much about it)

I have had SMX-501 for about a month for now. If you keep it just for yourself (not rental) - go for it!

Personally, I wouldnt pay for it more than 250 GBP because it's Stanton ;)

methodik said:
I have had SMX-501 for about a month for now. If you keep it just for yourself (not rental) - go for it!

Personally, I wouldnt pay for it more than 250 GBP because it's Stanton ;)

What's wrong with Stanton?
I like their products. :zest:

Just: the companies who are making cheap products, have often problems with making GOOD products.

I really like the kill of 501 but the overall reliability... Well, depends on a budget. For that price, it's impossible to get more functions. While buying it, I also considered Vestax PMC-250 as an alternative. But as it wasn't available and I got good discount for 501, I took 501.

A thing what I don't like on it is the cuefader's curve. Otherwise it's pretty much worth of going for it. Just take care of your toy - clean it from time to time etc.

Back
Top Bottom