Mixer help

my gemini umx-5 has been going strong for about 2 and a half years. the fader is still smooth without crackles (it's a vca fader).

hope this helps.:D

last properly - depends if your well into your scratchin caus any fader usually stands up to normal mixing. Managed to fuck up my vca fader in 5-6 months, thats on a vestax pro 05 mkII btw so not even a specificially designed scratch mixer can withstand abuse from the klusta :-/ (I do giv it some serious abuse though)

The newish samauri range hav digital/optical (?) faders, dunno wot they r like but your payin big bucks for one of them. According to writeups they can't deterioate....I believe that when I get one

Go read some reviews at www.sapphires.co.uk

Scratch mixers are a matter of luck
The vestax ones on pmc 05-7 can last 2 years or they can last about 5 months.
For scratching I'd be very tempted by the Allen & Heath XONE 02 because i've never heard of anyone so far who has broken a fader on one.
There's also the Rane ones too but I'm not sure of the sound quality cos I never used one.

If you're not scratching I'd probably say allen & heath still cos they're well nice.

hope that helps

On a related note, anyone tried the Numark EM260 or Gemini FX7000? They're both ones with effects. If so, any comments?

I've used the EM 260 and for what you get the price is good, but when you upgrade you lose FX and mixer, and the mixer's not that much cop at all.
Not sure about the gemini one, if it has the same kind of faders that the UMX ones have then it'll be good.

UMXs are amazing value for money and the crossfaders have a years warranty, how good is that?

Back
Top Bottom