mixer gains confusion?

technic1210

''VINYL VINYL VINYL''
VIP Junglist
I watched a vid on you tube,well a few that said you should set the gains on your mixer at 0.which is as high as or should be where the green or yellow,depending on your mixer,lights end before going into the red.well when i turn my gains rite down they still are in the red!why?and how do i solve this.is my mixer fucked?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3y-WjUcgZY

Last edited:
Probably got decks plugged into line sockets or something if thats happening.

mine does this too, the master fader is never goes red, and the sound doesn't seem to be harmed at all. perhaps it's the quality of the mixer?

well i heard that the master volume should not alter the gain lights at all anyway so if thats correct i wouldnt worry,my beef is say i turned my gain rite down on channel 1 an it went yellow so i know it is set rite,what if channel 2 is much louder on that record and i cant turn it down to match chanel 1 cause the gain wont go down anymore if channel 1 is rite down allready.does that make sense?so you would resort to using the volume faders instead.

That sounds really odd.... Surely if you zero out the gains then absoloutly nothing is playing through that channel, hence no level is shown on the meter... All pretty confusing imo.

That sounds really odd.... Surely if you zero out the gains then absoloutly nothing is playing through that channel, hence no level is shown on the meter... All pretty confusing imo.

Think he means at 0 on the db's so there not at minus or plus so the levels should be at a steady green.

Is this effecting both channels. If you set the level on one channel. Then transfer the decks phono connection to the second channel with the gain dial set in that same position is the volume levels the same?

Back
Top Bottom