Mixer advice

ghosty

Hello

I'm new to the forum. Came here for some help regarding mixers. Im new to mixing only been on it for like 6 months picked it up pretty fast though tbh. Im using technical 1210 with a nu mark dm1001x but cross faders dead and I have to have a wedge under main out or it buzzes. Have to uses the levels to mix lol plus if u press to hard only one channel will work. Tables work lovely only the tone arM can't be lowered enough to be level with the stylus on record and I don't think the carts are alliegned properly either. But even with all that still sounds fairly good. Well much better then when I cnahged the mixer for a NOx 202 now I'm hearing distortion mid record and sometimes it sounds as if the sound isint going through the air

If someone could help get me going with mixer and sound quality I'd appreicta either. Tbh the sound. Through the dm1001x is a mad amount better then the NOx. Wether that be cause of tonearm and cart I dunno. Might send it back and just buy a working dm1001x or equivalent. Got some xenon dns3500 coming soon so need a good cheap tank mixer don't care for bells n whistles

Cheers

my first mixer was a numark M2, if you only want a two channel mixer that is sturdy and fairly cheap I would grab one of them. I have an allen and heath DB2 now though and would recommend upgrading to a better mixer when you have the money, sound quality is a lot better with the more expensive mixers.

Hey there cheers for reply
Don't see how a nu mark dm1001x can sound better then a nox202 hough that's were my confusion is. Do you reckon its the carts and stylus plus there allignemnt. As its not bad sound all the time. I have Stanton 500al mk2 carts and cheap stylus kyowa. Thinking of buying ortoforn pro s carts and stylus.

I'd rather buy better second hand mixer instead of cheap new. Would the behringer ddm4000 offer better sound quality then the NOx. Or if someone can recommend good quality sound tank mixers that can be had cheap second hand

could be your needles or could be the connection from the ground wire to the mixer, mine makes a buzzing noise when it is connected properly so if that happens just make sure all the ground wires are connected, also better needles will 100% give you better sound quality, if your thinking of getting some new needles I would recommend shure, got my shure whitelabels about 1 - 2 years ago, only changed the stylus a few times and I love them sound quality is crisp!

Sounds like you should get the carts/needles and tonearm sorted first. Might be rubbish contact with the vinyl causing distortion.

Also what dannyboy said, get some concord styli if the tonearm cant be lowered enough because their design is more flexible, unlike Shure M447s for example which need to be set pretty precisely otherwise they scrape along the vinyl.

Hey guys cheers for all the help. Spent the day on the mixer tuns out just needed to get used to the eq of that mixer and sounds much better now. Still getting distortion now n then. I put two vinyls under each slip mat to boost height worked a charm. Deco think its now just carts and styli.

Why I never heard these issues instill I changed mixer and lowered tone arm I dunno must a been where my mate had them out of each for so long that the needle St better in his vinyl from them being plowed lol

I was thinking of the otforn pro s the ones at 60£ a pair that go on technics head shell what you guys think

I have the concord dj which are brilliant and would highly recommend them. For mixers i used to have the djm 400 which was amazing and served me well for over 10 years with no problems whatsoever but I sold it and bought a second hand xone 62. To be honest i didn't really notice a difference in sound quality and regret selling the pioneer. So in short get a second hand djm 400 and you won't go wrong

Back
Top Bottom