mixer advice

jimjimjim

oldskool
VIP Junglist
Hey there!
the cue fader on my mixer has gone a bit shitty :(
so im guessing its time to buy a new mixer.
I dont want to spend more than a couple of hundred - any ideas?

ive seen a cheap allen&heath model for about 270 - is that any good - looks a bit flimsy in the pics.

I only need 2 channels - dont mind about the FX.
would LOVE if it could do MONO out - but its not a problem if it cant.

currently got a behringer 404 - with a dodgy cue fader.

any tips on makes to avoid etc?

cheers
Jim

Highly recommend the A&H xone 22 as a good 2 channel mixer if you can pick one up for the right price second hand. Me and a mate got one for £100, replaced the channels and cross fader and the thing worked like new. Sold it on a year later for £180. Didn't make an awful lot of money, but we both knew the guy was getting a steal, and we got to use it for a year or so, not bad.

Personally I've recently upgraded from a pioneer DJM600 which I can only describe as solid if unspectacular to an A&H xone 42 and the difference is massive.

I know people like these Ecler mixers but never used one so couldn't give an honest opinion...

before you drop loads on a new mixer try spraying a little switch cleaner into the fader and slide it about for a few minutes. Its amazing what a bit of maintenance can do for hardware ;)

Mate. I've never heard of switch cleaner.
Cheers for the heads up. Gonna try this on my dodgy EQ.

guess what i managed to fix my fader. i thought it might just be some shit stuck on the fader inside.
so i spent 10 minutes moving the fader back and forth quickly.
the problem went away afterwards
yay
good job too as i didnt want to: 1. spend money 2. get used to a new mixer lol

me is happy

need to look out for that cleaner though - sounds like what i needed

Glad you got it sorted but if you do fancy getting a new mixer then i would recommend the 'Xone 62', it sound's amazing and is the mixer equivalent of the 1210's! Built like a tank, robust and amazing sound quality. I bought one second hand of ebay for £400 and it's worth every penny (as seen in my prof pic) Or if you have the money and space, go with the 92!

Back
Top Bottom