Multi Genre Mixer advice? Behringer DDM4000 v Pioneer DJM700

soniksb

Hey guys, after some advice on mixers..
After 6 months of mixing on a NI Traktor S2 Controller ive decided to take up vinyls as i aspire to master them :)
after plenty of research among friends ive decided that the Stanton st150 turntables are the ones to be had and now in search of a mixer!

looking around ive come across the behringer ddm4000 and the pioneer djm700 and after some advice on what mixer is better and why?
there is a $700 price difference so the pioneer must have some outstanding features on the behringer and im wondering what they are?
ive used the behringer before and it has performed nicely and at that price its looking much more appealing than the pioneer, although with my last expedition with the s2 controller i want to get the right equipment first time round rather than upgrading in 6 months time!

can anybody offer some advice or point me in the direction of a nice 4 channel mixer :)
any other advice is greatly appreciated :D
Cheers guys! :applause:

ps: i plan on running a traktor audio interface with the vinyls until i grow my vinyl collection

Behringer DDM4000 - $490aud
Pioneer DJM700 - $1120aud

don't get a cheap mixer! the sound sound quality and eq's are rubbish! I started out on a numark one for about £40 and I thought it was fine but once I upgraded to a pioneer one I could straight away tell it was miles better! It costs a lot more but trust me it will benefit you in the long run. You're mixes will sound much clearer and the eq's will be much more responsive whereas on cheap mixers when two tunes are playing the details of the background tune will be completely lost and 99% of the time moving the eq does barely anything until you reach the bottom, and then suddenly the range you were eqing disappears.

I read through what I just wrote and I think it makes sense but I could be wrong... Its 4am here and I'm still pretty drunk so incase none of what I wrote makes sense... get a good mixer! not a behringer one!

Hahaha nup i got it! cheers mate, looks like im going to take ya advice because im not upgrading again for a while :) So you would recommend a Pioneer DJM700? any advice on mixers around the same price?

Hahaha nup i got it! cheers mate, looks like im going to take ya advice because im not upgrading again for a while :) So you would recommend a Pioneer DJM700? any advice on mixers around the same price?

Ye that sounds good, anything by Pioneer or Allen & Heath and you'll do fine

Back
Top Bottom