DnB Mixdown feedback - Liquid

Movenfire

Hi,

I've been writing and producing music as a hobby for some time but never really shared it with anyone outside of a small group of friends. I now feel I'm making some okay stuff and would like some advice.

I finished this track at the end of January and it's just been sitting around on my machine. I'd like to know if you'd think this is about ready for mastering or whether it would benefit from some additional tweaks?

Any feedback will be appreciated!

Hi,

I've been writing and producing music as a hobby for some time but never really shared it with anyone outside of a small group of friends. I now feel I'm making some okay stuff and would like some advice.

I finished this track at the end of January and it's just been sitting around on my machine. I'd like to know if you'd think this is about ready for mastering or whether it would benefit from some additional tweaks?

Any feedback will be appreciated!

I can't give you advice because you're a lot better than me lol, but I really like it mate. Had me nodding all the way through and I like the mix. Is it signed?

I can't give you advice because you're a lot better than me lol, but I really like it mate. Had me nodding all the way through and I like the mix. Is it signed?

Thanks for taking the time to listen and I appreciate the feedback. I'm really pleased you liked it!
It's not signed but you've made me think that I should maybe look into doing a bit more with this than letting it sit on my HDD.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and I appreciate the feedback. I'm really pleased you liked it!
It's not signed but you've made me think that I should maybe look into doing a bit more with this than letting it sit on my HDD.

No worries, I try to be quite blunt with feedback but I really couldn't fault this! I reckon it definitely has the potential to be snapped up.

This is right up my street!

I love the guitar bass, all the background music and the drums.

I'd say all it's missing is a more interesting intro (maybe more FX and percussion) and a vocal to keep it from sounding a little repetitive (edits on the end of each 16/32 bar phase) and some variation with the bass itself.

I love the breakdown also.

I'd say the guitar bass could do with being a little bit offset, with it hitting exactly on the drums it does sound a little bit rigid and takes away from the groove a little.

Overall though man this is about 10% away from being perfect and totally my kind of track!

This is right up my street!

I love the guitar bass, all the background music and the drums.

I'd say all it's missing is a more interesting intro (maybe more FX and percussion) and a vocal to keep it from sounding a little repetitive (edits on the end of each 16/32 bar phase) and some variation with the bass itself.

I love the breakdown also.

I'd say the guitar bass could do with being a little bit offset, with it hitting exactly on the drums it does sound a little bit rigid and takes away from the groove a little.

Overall though man this is about 10% away from being perfect and totally my kind of track!

Nice, Thanks for your thoughtful feedback!

I agree with the points you've made, I had some similar thoughts but didn't want to meddle too much without a clear idea on where I was going. It could definitely do with some extra percussion and drum variation on the ends of the bars. Nice idea on the vocals, I'll have a dig through my samples and see if I've got something that'll fit. I'll swing the bass and see if i can funk out some extra parts and drop in some fx and sprinkles :D

hello. your track is quite likable. very calm atmo, floating well.
as aforesaid, I suggest looking at drums, esp. the snare.
maybe adding a few mellow vocal line would complete the nice tune?
good work! :2thumbs:

hello. your track is quite likable. very calm atmo, floating well.
as aforesaid, I suggest looking at drums, esp. the snare.
maybe adding a few mellow vocal line would complete the nice tune?
good work! :2thumbs:

Thanks for your feedback! I've been working on adding percussive layers and drum variation. Gonna try a few vocals and see where it goes :)

Sounds nice man. Pure jazzy vibes haha. Only thing it misses is some sax :rasta:
Don't like the snare fuckness before the 2nd drop. Like wtf is that :confused:
Anyway 2nd drop is awesome aswell those arps are fucking lovely!
Good job man!

Nice vibe, jazzy sounds are very well produced here! Only critique I have is that some people may see this as kind of like elevator music, but really, this track is easy on the ears and doesn't distort or twakk my brain like a lot of nueroish crap lately. thanks for sharing this!!

Back
Top Bottom