Mix question... how many tracks?

less then 15 is not enough.quite to slow, 4min each track!

:ditto:

4 min each track imo is much to fargin slow matey.

AS a general rule, which is only to be broken by double drops and new white hott maddness/oldschool crowd pleasers, I like to bring my mix in before the current tracks first break, and usually completely switch tracks when the original track breakdown, aligning the mix so one gets more energy at the point in time when the other looses it... But this is just a general and generic prinicple, each song you play will present to you through its own musical tendencies your options of mixxing into and out of...

Into and out of...:gang_bang

:D

If your posting mixes on this site to show your ability then you should definately put in as many tunes in as you can and never miss an opportunity for a mix. i dont understand when people say they want to listen to the whole tune in a mix??? if you want to listen to a whole tune then listen to a podcast or download it or something!

I would much rather listen to a mix of a DJ who is constantly in and out of the mix to see how they come in and out of the tune and what technical tricks they do rather than just listen to one tune blending slowly into another!

I would also put into the pot about listening to the music and how you feeling it and then blending tunes with that in mind rather than just mixing for the sake of it. Basically if the listener isn't feeling the music you are playing then the blends come under scrutiny as they can't 'see' why you are blending as you are. For me its all about imagery and a musical journey where each tune is a chapter in a story .... yes, a fuckin tree huggin hippy lmao

Im a 30 an hour guy, even live, but its as said if your selecting and blend is good then only some will beard stroke at half that. Danger is if you try and push 25+ in hour and have a ropey selection or box with you then its too easy to ruin the vibe.

just do what you want. too many people try and constantly double drop and tease and all that. if you want to let tunes roll, do it! it never hurt bukem, flight, goldie, randall, etc.

sometimes you want to avoid breakdowns and intro's to keep the energy up,

nothing worse than a stop/start set when all u want to do is bash your head against the ceiling !

It's the difference between a 'studio' mix and one where there's actually a crowd involved. I mix as if I was playing to a crowd which is reflected in my tune selection...though need to sort out a mix really soon to upload that I didn't just pull out of the bag and upload without perfecting it...

Back
Top Bottom